Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Lambert has said himself today - Lerner calls him after every game - do you believe that ?

Downplaying fees doesn't indicate he will be off - but equally it seems a bizarre thing to say - when it can see easily be disproved.

I am sure what I have accused you of - or what in your posts I haven't read ?

I have merely expressed my opinion that I don't think Lambert will be our manager in the medium to long term - given our results - I'm hardly predicting the second coming.  

And as I said - who are we to dispute that?

You accused me of seeing things in black and white - which is completely wrong.

I just don't really know where it's coming from. Your reasons for thinking that seem to be the fact that Lambert said he talks with Lerner on the phone after every game and that he's been downplaying the fees for certain players. That's a pretty weak argument.

LOL - Oh the Irony !

Well not really because it is completely wrong as I said.

I'd really like to know how I supposedly see things in black and white.

I will you leave to work that one out for yourself.

Edited by smetrov

since David O'Leary I havn't seen much change in terms of fortunes or squad development, despite all the hard work and rhetoric

I look at Vincent Tan and think oh my god, we could have him as owner.

I am not advocating that makes it ok for Randy or Paul Lambert, but it could be much worse, it could b better i have to concede.

Right now, What I am hoping for is a clear concise summary from the club as to what is going on and a reassurance that they are in control and that we are not drifting in to a disaster zone.....surely they can see what we can see and understand that an explanation is necessary, no matter how unpalatable it may read.

Why don't you provide some evidence? You made the claim.

I'd suggest you go and read some of the posts I've made on here and the responses they've got. I'm always getting jumped on for providing balanced opinions.

I'd suggest you go and read some of the posts I've made on here and the responses they've got. I'm always getting jumped on for providing balanced opinions.

Hahaha

• Like 1

Hahaha

What's so funny?

I look at Vincent Tan and think oh my god, we could have him as owner.

Yeah I think this is a fair point. We could certainly do a lot worse than Lerner. Whilst he now is giving the manager minimal to work with in regards to wage and transfer budget at least he understands the tradition of our club to a certain extent and no trying to make some terrible 'commercial' changes like getting a sponsor and changing the name of our stadium or whatever garbage.

• Like 1

I must admit that I was optimistic at the start of the season, even before the Arsenal game. I thought we had made some good signings; a left back who could fill the void we had there, an extremely promising centre back, a promising striker and some other seemingly promising youngsters. I thought we maybe needed one good senior player as well in midfield perhaps but given how we ended last season I didn't think it would matter that much.

Maybe the win at Arsenal gave us some sort of false confidence. They were a team in a bit of trouble at the time - Wenger was under a lot of stick for not buying (once again) a proven big player and we somehow managed to win 3-1! Ok maybe it was just luck. Or was it? We played Chelsea midweek after that and despite going 1-0 down we played extremely well and should have at least got a point and Benteke was firing on all cylinders. We should have had a penalty and I was starting to think that this could be our season.

Then came the Liverpool game and Okore got injured. Then we lost to Newcastle. After that it was a bit up and down. We won a game and then lost and so on. We've only won two games since that Man City win in September - against Cardiff at home and at Southampton away.

If I look back to the end of last season and the beginning of this one, we were playing some brilliant football at times. But it seems that when we get into a slump it's very hard for us to get out of it. Part of it is to blame on the young squad we have and part of it must go the manager. That's just the way it is.

The best times I as a Villa fan have had in the past three and half years is probably the 6-0 win over Sunderland and our performances around that time and the excitement I felt this summer and in the beginning of the season. There's just not been much to cheer about other than that. 

I think most of us wanted Lambert gone during the dark times of last season and I can fully see and understand why people wan't him gone now. Maybe they are right and maybe they're not. I still think he needs time and it's incredibly tough for me to say that because the last three months have been very poor. But Lambert is not immune to criticism and he's made mistakes, there's no doubt about that. But I'm still behind him and I think he's the man for the job.

Having said that I'm preparing for yet another frustrating and depressing football Christmas. Although Aston Villa matters a lot to me but I won't let them ruin my Christmas, I'll be prepared (pun intended). Sometimes though I wonder if Lerner realises what a defeat like that 8-0 defeat vs Chelsea last year has on fans? It's humiliating. But I doubt he cares. Doesn't seem like it anyway.

Sorry for the rambling but I just needed to went a bit. Happy holidays!

• Like 1

Is that the Cardiff owner who has his team playing premiership football for the first time compared to our owner who sees us probably having our 3rd consecutive bottom half finish?

Yeah lucky us.

If Lerner did what Tan's done you'd be absolutely furious - and rightly so.

Is that the Cardiff owner who has his team playing premiership football for the first time compared to our owner who sees us probably having our 3rd consecutive bottom half finish?

Yeah lucky us.

Yes probably so.

And yet this fool has his team performing better than they've ever done while our idiot sees us struggling yet again.

Yeah lucky us.

Yes probably so.

And yet this fool has his team performing better than they've ever done while our idiot sees us struggling yet again.

Err, Tan isn't the manager - Mackay is.

• Like 1

If Villa didn't have a good manager it would be the answer. Lambert, however, is a very good manager, and over time here he will show that. Lerner (who if people turn against, that's understandable) will understand this because he's the one giving the lack of funding and won't make a rash decision.

Yeah lucky us.

Yes probably so.

Yeah the owners decisions and funding have nothing to do with how the club perform.

Wow.

Lambert is as good as Alex Ferguson. Some call this team championship standard, yet here it is in the PL doing okay. Some said Man united is an average team last season, yet they won the league. I think some fans are fickle. Whatever happens during Christmas, I expect this team to click in January and make us proud.

Edited by momo

Yeah lucky us.

Yes probably so.

Yeah the owners decisions and funding have nothing to do with how the club perform.

Wow.

Now this is black and white.

Where did I say that? All I was doing was pointing out that Mackay is the manager, not Tan.

No way we should sack Lambert. My main reason for this is that whoever takes over will have an excuse to get relegated. I.e look what players I took over etc etc. At least with Lambert he brought them in and will fight tooth and nail to keep them up.

Yeah lucky us.

Yes probably so.

Wow.

Where did I say that? All I was doing was pointing out that Mackay is the manager, not Tan.

Well thanks for that. I guess we'd never know without this piece of helpful information.

Yeah lucky us.

Yes probably so.

Wow.

Well thanks for that. I guess we'd never know without this piece of helpful information.

You mean like in the other thread where you have the amazingly enlightening piece of information that stoke won?

Yeah lucky us.

Yes probably so.

Wow.

You mean like in the other thread where you have the amazingly enlightening piece of information that stoke won?

Well yeah you didn't seem to realise.

Haha

You seemed to have completely missed the point of my post. You spoke about Tan and Lerner as if they were actually managing their teams. Of course owners affect what goes on on the pitch but sometimes you talk about them (mainly Lerner) as if they're actually out there managing the teams.