Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

sacking is the answer as long as the right man is appointed

needs to understand what it means to be at villa

Well judging by the WBA presser he understands that Villa are a big club. I don't really understand the last part, where do you get that he doesn't understand what it means to be at Villa?

• Like 2

I don't think that Lambert is doing a fantastic job, more like OK or could do better. However sacking him is not the solution whilst Lerner is clearly holding us back.

To change the apparent direction of the club we need to change the driver not the engine!

the next couple of games really is the "make or break" point for me. i got to be honest, there hasnt been much progression, but i didnt really expect it to be with the context lambert has had to work with. Lots of players coming and going. Restructuring and all that comes with it. In that respect he has done average id say, some players i didnt really see the point of buying, others which have really impressed. But lately his teamselections have been a bit on the slide, formation and tactical decisions which i thought were a bit questionable..

I had hoped to see more improvement than what we have, changing managers to often doesnt do any team any good, but if we lose the next couple of games im starting to change my views towards trying someone new out, we should be beating these teams, even with the squad that we have.

Lambert and the players responsible for the bad run of games, they should be supported to get them on the right side, but we cant ignore the fact that these bad runs are quite frequent and they should be kept responsible for this. Lerner to an extent aswell.

something will have to change somewhere and im not sure giving lambert more money will solve anything.

can someone explain this "big club" thing to me? were not really "big" squad wise, the fan base probably place us midtable somewhere? havent really performed like a big club since -96 so we cant really call upon that as we are not the same club as we were then, you wouldnt sleep with a granny because she was fit 50 years ago.. did some quick googleing and it seems that value wise we end up beeing around 14th to 12th spot on a couple of different lists, so were not really big there either.we are medium sized at best. 

the next couple of games really is the "make or break" point for me. i got to be honest, there hasnt been much progression, but i didnt really expect it to be with the context lambert has had to work with. Lots of players coming and going. Restructuring and all that comes with it. In that respect he has done average id say, some players i didnt really see the point of buying, others which have really impressed. But lately his teamselections have been a bit on the slide, formation and tactical decisions which i thought were a bit questionable..

I had hoped to see more improvement than what we have, changing managers to often doesnt do any team any good, but if we lose the next couple of games im starting to change my views towards trying someone new out, we should be beating these teams, even with the squad that we have.

Lambert and the players responsible for the bad run of games, they should be supported to get them on the right side, but we cant ignore the fact that these bad runs are quite frequent and they should be kept responsible for this. Lerner to an extent aswell.

something will have to change somewhere and im not sure giving lambert more money will solve anything.

can someone explain this "big club" thing to me? were not really "big" squad wise, the fan base probably place us midtable somewhere? havent really performed like a big club since -96 so we cant really call upon that as we are not the same club as we were then, you wouldnt sleep with a granny because she was fit 50 years ago.. did some quick googleing and it seems that value wise we end up beeing around 14th to 12th spot on a couple of different lists, so were not really big there either.we are medium sized at best. 

Decent post.

It does seem that our decline has taken just over thirty (mostly) painful years, punctuated by a few false dawns.

If there's a modicum of hope to be taken from all of this it's that we still have big gates despite this slow decline. The size of the city I suppose, which always means the potential is there. It just rarely gets tapped into.

On that team that went out on Saturday - that was possibly as technically poor as any Villa side I have seen on paper.

I'd give Lambert until early next season, as long as we're not relegated. But I'd want tangible proof that there is some kind of footballing plan.

The spend in the summer was £10m. Think the manager might clear this one up once and for all if next couple of results steady the ship. Also maybe nail the myth he doesn't want experience but simply can't afford it.

I'm a big lambert fan, but even with low estimates I can't understand how that adds up?

Bacuna 800kLuna 1.5 euroKozak 5.5m euroHelenius 1m euroTonev 1.5m euroOkore 4m euroNot much over £10m and all wages under 15k a week!

Atrocious backing from the board.

Bacuna 800k

Luna 1.5 euro

Kozak 5.5m euro

Helenius 1m euro

Tonev 1.5m euro

Okore 4m euro

Not much over £10m and all wages under 15k a week!

Good Lord. If you're right (and I'm not really questioning you), that is staggering for the Premier league.

Just read this thread from the start and died a little inside.

I'm behind Lambert and find it utterly incredulous to even contemplate sacking him now.

Saying he doesn't know how to coach or doesn't have a clue is emotive rubbish and demonstrably untrue.

Even if we happened to carry on picking up injuries and players underperformed and the unthinkable happened, he'd still have my backing to get us back up.

To the amateur accountants who seem to have the finances all worked out and keep repeating over and over and over again that Lambert's figures for transfers have been proven untrue, please shut up, you're just making yourself look stupid.

Stability is key. Look at how Everton have kept the same manager and core players for years and are now a very solid outfit because of that stability. We need Lambert here for the long run, and I hope a few limited thinking internet miscreants have zero relevance to him doing the job.

• Like 1