Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

We lost to Sheffield because pure and simple it was played at Villa Park, we probably would've won 3-0 up at Bramall lane.

What will get people back onside fully with Lambert is a convincing performance and win at VP, it's really not much to ask for is it? West Brom would be a brilliant time to have that.

• Like 1

You see I've been in a trance of just watching Lambert choosing the wrong transfer policy and complaining. Consequently making the wrong signings and complaining and then watching our team struggle under the wrong tactics and complaining and being so bloody frustrated with certain posters who have taken the most obscure stats to try and prove that Lambert is a good manager and then I have complained some more on here.

However tonight and maybe just for one night only if it is another one of those false dawns we have become so familiar with I'd just like to say how proud I am to be a Villa fan tonight. Lambert got his tactics spot on against plop and Rodgers particularly in the first half cut a forlorn figure on the sidelines because he was witnessing his team and his tactics being torn apart by some of the best football he would have witnessed at Anfield since his tenure there.

It is however a pity that Gabby picked up his injury when he did because I'm in no doubt that if Gabby had played the full 90 minutes for us we would have been celebrating another unexpected, but totally deserved victory at Anfield.

A performance which not only was a credit to the players but to the manager himself.

• Like 1

We lost to Sheffield because pure and simple it was played at Villa Park, we probably would've won 3-0 up at Bramall lane.

What will get people back onside fully with Lambert is a convincing performance and win at VP, it's really not much to ask for is it? West Brom would be a brilliant time to have that.

I really want consistency from the team

What will get me back onside is if we play like we did against Liverpool in the first half on a consistent basis

What annoys me is when we play like that against a top draw team but then go into the next game against a lesser side and get turned over

It's happened on many occasions this season

You see I've been in a trance of just watching Lambert choosing the wrong transfer policy and complaining. Consequently making the wrong signings and complaining and then watching our team struggle under the wrong tactics and complaining and being so bloody frustrated with certain posters who have taken the most obscure stats to try and prove that Lambert is a good manager and then I have complained some more on here.

However tonight and maybe just for one night only if it is another one of those false dawns we have become so familiar with I'd just like to say how proud I am to be a Villa fan tonight. Lambert got his tactics spot on against plop and Rodgers particularly in the first half cut a forlorn figure on the sidelines because he was witnessing his team and his tactics being torn apart by some of the best football he would have witnessed at Anfield since his tenure there.

It is however a pity that Gabby picked up his injury when he did because I'm in no doubt that if Gabby had played the full 90 minutes for us we would have been celebrating another unexpected, but totally deserved victory at Anfield.

A performance which not only was a credit to the players but to the manager himself.

That is almost a poem knowing where you have come from regarding Lambert. He has his fault but I will not call for his departure at least for not until this summer. :detect:

I put it down to the grant Holt effect.

Seriously though the 2 signings would have boosted the players this week.

Yesterday showed that they can play football, Lambert didn't really change anything. He set them up and sent them out like he has done many times. This is why I think the players need to take the blame when they panic and start hoofing.

Just got up and can't wait to put match of the day on. I enjoyed yesterdays match so so much. Let's hope we continue playing that way. I've no idea what triggered that performance but let's hope we now finish like last season.

Who has kidnapped BJ10 and replaced him with a positive person?

Just got up and can't wait to put match of the day on. I enjoyed yesterdays match so so much. Let's hope we continue playing that way. I've no idea what triggered that performance but let's hope we now finish like last season.

Who has kidnapped BJ10 and replaced him with a positive person?

I'll always be positive about something that is a positive. That performance was brilliant.

• Like 1

He's brought us on this season and fixed the wage bill. He isn't going anywhere. Look at most managers and they can only bring teams on by spending millions, in some cases damaging the future of each club - Redknapp, er, MON.

This isn't happy clappy. He's been here a season and a half, doing a tough job where there will always be ups and downs, and he's about saved as much money as he's spent.

The man deserves support.

Hopefully he gets a number 10 and fixes our home form, which I think is another thing he inherited...maybe I should check that. I know there is a long way to go this season, but I really believe this.

• Like 2

The author of this thread will soon be editing the title to read:

Why Paul Lambert Shouldn't get the Sack.

Go to it Jonoridge.

It's the most embarrassing thread title since the "relegation" one (put up after we'd played two games) of last season.

Edited by McGregor1888
  • Like 1

Go to it Jonoridge.

It's the most embarrassing thread title since the "relegation" one (put up after we'd played two games) of last season.

That thread was bang on though.

Go to it Jonoridge.

That thread was bang on though.

Must of missed us being relegated.

That is almost a poem knowing where you have come from regarding Lambert. He has his fault but I will not call for his departure at least for not until this summer. :detect:

The post is in reference to the performance yesterday which particularly in the first half was fabulous. Contrary to opinion those who have been criticising Lambert have been doing that based on previous performances as they saw it and not due to just having a moan.

You will note that those descenders last night and this morning have been unanimous in their praise for the performance yesterday and have not tried to justify their stance with obscure stats or ridiculous scenarios to excuse yesterday's performance. I hope that is duly noted.

• Like 1

Guys you'll need this thread if we lose against the Baggies. It'll be back to square one. Not being negative, but we are not known for being the most consistant side in the league are we. As I said ealier, lets not get to carried away with this performance, we have seen it before..........

• Like 1

There was a really refreshing buzz about the performance (especially in the first half) yesterday. Lambert got his tactics spot on and we played some lovely stuff.

Whilst less pretty in the second with the loss of Gabby, we were resolute in ensuring we never came away empty handed.  The two new signings have hit the ground running, especially Bertrand, and if we can bring another player in I think we'll be fine.

PL's had a very tough job on his hands. The expectation of us fans is high, as they should be, but number of changes around the club over the past few seasons have seen us become a broken force.   I have no doubt he'll be fantastic over time at Villa but an awful lot depends on Randy.  We have some decent fixtures coming up against the likes of the Boggies, Cardiff and West Ham. In my mind we owe Everton and Newcastle a bit of retribution considering how we got nothing from the earlier corresponding games.  The gap to the relegation zone is only 6 points so we're not out of the woods yet.

On a side note, referencing the owner, I believe owning a football club to someone like Randy Lerner is very much like one of us owning a classic car.  When we take delivery of the project, we would want to throw lots of money at it to get it into concourse condition within 5 years. The initial aspirations would be high and you'd give the car as much funding and attention as you could.

Then after taking it to a few shows, you'd find that no matter what you did there's always other that could out muscle you for the prizes. Naturally your enthusiasm wains and the car ends up being neglected.  As something goes wrong you're less inclined to take it to the garage, instead you put things off, carry on with your life and the car remains a project, albeit under a cover.  Cheaper parts are used, not because you can't afford it but more because the appetite has gone, until you find a mechanic that starts showing you why you bought it in the first place.  It'll be time to kickstart the project once more.

I think anyone that has a money-pit project can empathise with that. I bought a weekend car and it's just occurred to me that it's been under the covers in the car park since mid December. Better fire the beast up once more. Hope Randy does the same with his classic too!

:)