Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Dont get carried away boys. We have seen this all season. One good game and we all get carried away, After that performance, im expecting a Sunderland (last Season) win against West brom, an why should'nt I............

To be fair, we've been decent recently. Fairly good against Sunderland, ok against Arsenal and then excellent today. Ever since Vlaar and Benteke came back.

• Like 3

It's  good point though, after every good result this season, we've followed up with abysmal form.

Beat Arsenal, lost our next three league games.

Beat Man. City, didn't even score a goal in our next four games.

Beat Southampton, lost our next four league games.

And of course last season after being Liverpool away, we had 15-0 over Xmas.

Another Lambert problem, we don't follow a shock result with a consistant run of form which would be the logical expectation.

I think today showed what a good job Lambert is doing with the resources he has. When we are close to a full strength team we can give most teams a game.The problem is that the the squad is so poor that one or two injuries to key players turns us from a mid table team in to a Championship team.

Whether Lambert is too blame for the quality of the squad is debatable.

It's good point though, after every good result this season, we've followed up with abysmal form.

Beat Arsenal, lost our next three league games.

Beat Man. City, didn't even score a goal in our next four games.

Beat Southampton, lost our next four league games.

And of course last season after being Liverpool away, we had 15-0 over Xmas.

Another Lambert problem, we don't follow a shock result with a consistant run of form which would be the logical expectation.

Good observation but I think some key points need to be mentioned.

Beat Arsenal but then got robbed against Chelsea and maybe should have got a point against Liverpool and Newcastle.

City and Southampton wins were probably the flukiest wins I've even seen in my life and we all knew those kind of performances were not sustainable.

Today's game showed if we avoid injuries we can and should beat the teams around us. Keeping today's starting 11 fit is crucial! One chink in the armour and we get exposed.

We were better today because we didn't surrender all the possession as we have been doing all season. Vs Arsenal you could see Benteke urging his colleagues to force the high line and chase down their defenders and today that's what we did. We played most of this way last season and maybe Paul decided to play safe this season and do a Pulis Stoke if you will but realizing this method wasn't really helping him, the team or the fans perception of him today we were back to last seasons Villa.

We are still only 6 points from the relegation zone however despite being 10th. But should be ok barring an injury crisis (see West Ham). 

Why is it so difficult at Villa Park folks? I really think given the extreme between our home and away results it just can't come down to a lack of a number 10 or counter attacking.

I really think it's got into the players minds now and quite simply they hate playing at Villa Park sad to say as there's a high chance we'll lose.

It's something Lambert needs to crack sooner or later otherwise with poor home form there will always be questions over his job.

• Like 1

Why is it so difficult at Villa Park folks? I really think given the extreme between our home and away results it just can't come down to a lack of a number 10 or counter attacking.

I really think it's got into the players minds now and quite simply they hate playing at Villa Park sad to say as there's a high chance we'll lose.

It's something Lambert needs to crack sooner or later otherwise with poor home form there will always be questions over his job.

I agree. It's not just results. Away from home we're almost always fearless and have a good go at teams - at home we're the opposite. It's bizarre.

Yep just watching how well we played first half tonight and thinking back to the Liverpool hoem game in August where we barely crossed the halfway line in the first half of that game. Chalk and cheese.

7 home defeats out of 11 at home this season compared to just 5 away defeats since December 2012 is just totally ridiculous.

• Like 1

I feel bad now for naming this threads title. Probably should give PL at least another season.

You could start ask the mods to change this one. Worth chancing your arm maybe?

It was a disgrace the Mods shut down the original Paul Lambert thread and let this one stay open. Hidden agenda I'd say

• Like 4

I think lambert was way too polite with that cheating worm Suarez

They would twist it and turn it on him, like they did the FA cup 'non story'.

That really was some performance in the first half, it's not often you see Gerrard and co dumbfounded at just how much they had been swamped at Anfield. They were on for breaking all sorts of records today too and we stopped them...

Suarezcula goofy boy Daley would have had a record if he had scored by scoring in 8 home games on the trot...No record for you my son!  :D

A team built on a shoe string should have been 4-1 up at Liverpool.

Fantastic and it's only going to get better.

Excellent. Keep laying bricks Paul.

The guy has too much class.

A team built on a shoe string should have been 4-1 up at Liverpool.

Fantastic and it's only going to get better.

Excellent. Keep laying bricks Paul.

The guy has too much class.

Don't worry the Lambert supporters on the forum will be lambasted again before the end of the season. That I can be sure of.