Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

The only stat that I care about is where we finish and that will be higher than last season.

Someone even wanted a dream team of vialli and Zola in.

Not a chance of finishing higher than last season.

Absolute rubbish......could easily finish higher than last season

• Like 1

The only stat that I care about is where we finish and that will be higher than last season.

We could but only because there are more teams in the league that are worse than us....we have not progressed at all. In fact - there is a strong arguement that we have gone backwards.

Thank McGrath that Fulham, Sunderland, Cardiff and West Ham are in a worse place than us.

I think he should be sacked for having the nerve to bring in an experienced striker who he has worked with before as cover on a short term loan deal.

Good idea, we'll put experience and if we know them ahead of abilty. What could possibly go wrong?
If I could bold on my phone, I'd be bolding 'short term' and 'cover'

He's not very good regardless of how long he is on the pay roll.

Let's look logically and rationally at the signing, while making a reasonable assumption that he's coming as cover.

Bowery or holt coming on with 20 mins to go?

• Like 1

We could but only because there are more teams in the league that are worse than us....we have not progressed at all. In fact - there is a strong arguement that we have gone backwards.

Thank McGrath that Fulham, Sunderland, Cardiff and West Ham are in a worse place than us.

That's how leagues work - at the moment there are 9 teams we are better than

• Like 1

I think he should be sacked for having the nerve to bring in an experienced striker who he has worked with before as cover on a short term loan deal.

Good idea, we'll put experience and if we know them ahead of abilty. What could possibly go wrong?
If I could bold on my phone, I'd be bolding 'short term' and 'cover'
He's not very good regardless of how long he is on the pay roll.

Let's look logically and rationally at the signing, while making a reasonable assumption that he's coming as cover.

Bowery because I'm being stubbornly anti-Lambert.

Wait, Lambert signed Bowery.  Errr... Holt because he's only a loan signing which is better than permanent.

Errr... LAMBERT OUT.

If the rumours are to be believed I wonder what has happened to make Lambert start looking at players he knows from his time at Norwich. After all its hardly been his MO so far.

Is he worried or only have a small amount of money and so has decided to stick with what he knows rather than gamble.

Interesting as I was reflecting on something similar.

It was interesting listening to the Gaffer, Graham of the Aston social delving in to his philosophical mode tonight after the game.

after our lengthy debate, he said do you know, in the last 10 years the arguments being put forward now  about how bad the Villa Team are in terms of their play, is exactly the same as it was all them years ago.

despite all the changes..........nothing has changed.

and more depressingly, nothing will, until we demand change.

For ages now I have been pissed off with stats prior to matches against some teams where "XXXX team have taken more premier points off Villa than any other team"  or "Villa have not won at home against XXXXX in XXXXX years" etc etc .

Last night was another such where we have not beaten Arsenal at home since 1998.  Disgrace. 

But this is a long term problem of us not competing at a certain level in years.  We tried the short term  fix with Oneill but it didnt work. What we need is a long term fix to our culture / philosophy / style / mentality / progression,  call it what you like but in order to fix the issue where we see stats like that and that they stop for a consistent amount of time that needs a big change

That change is not just a papering over the cracks change either.  But that change will take some time,  sorry and all but it does not get fixed in a year or two.  And it does not get fixed if fans do not realise it needs fixing.  If fans merely carry on think that all is well and just a tinkering change here or there,  that we really are a club that should be in the top 6 as a right and struggle to come to terms with the realisation that we are not in the top 6 because as a club we have been heading down the short term fix route for so long that it really has affected our long term ability to achieve success.  Where fans just think it takes a change of manager and then we'll be back in our rightful position without having to drastically alter some fundamentals at the club,  well we'll never get better on that basis.

That's why I support Lambert and will continue to 100% to the hilt (or holt) despite the short term immediate results.  Despite the disappointments along the way. Because I believe in his vision,  what he is doing and the fact that he needs doing.  We need the changes highlighted above in order for our long term performances to improve on a consistent basis and not just the odd short term fix.

/\ /\ Long term thinking /\ /\

Its a fair argument Richard but it still doesn't compensate for Lamberts poor tactics. Even last night he showed poor decision making in starting with KEA and then eventually sticking our best midfielder on the wing.

/\ /\ Short term thinking /\ /\

• Like 1

Got less points than mcleish had at this point in the season, out the cup unlike McLeish at this point and signing a player that sums up the style of play he wants to play.

I'm seeing little evidence of what good is going to come from having Lambert in charge.

Got less points than mcleish had at this point in the season, out the cup unlike McLeish at this point and signing a player that sums up the style of play he wants to play.

I'm seeing little evidence of what good is going to come from having Lambert in charge.

But do you want to see any evidence John?

Like arguing Vanessa Feltz or Liz Jones. Pretty much neither and if you had to pick one its unlikely either will satisfy your needs better than the other.

Simple question, yet to be answered.

Interesting as I was reflecting on something similar.

It was interesting listening to the Gaffer, Graham of the Aston social delving in to his philosophical mode tonight after the game.

after our lengthy debate, he said do you know, in the last 10 years the arguments being put forward now  about how bad the Villa Team are in terms of their play, is exactly the same as it was all them years ago.

despite all the changes..........nothing has changed.

and more depressingly, nothing will, until we demand change.

For ages now I have been pissed off with stats prior to matches against some teams where "XXXX team have taken more premier points off Villa than any other team"  or "Villa have not won at home against XXXXX in XXXXX years" etc etc .

Last night was another such where we have not beaten Arsenal at home since 1998.  Disgrace. 

But this is a long term problem of us not competing at a certain level in years.  We tried the short term  fix with Oneill but it didnt work. What we need is a long term fix to our culture / philosophy / style / mentality / progression,  call it what you like but in order to fix the issue where we see stats like that and that they stop for a consistent amount of time that needs a big change

That change is not just a papering over the cracks change either.  But that change will take some time,  sorry and all but it does not get fixed in a year or two.  And it does not get fixed if fans do not realise it needs fixing.  If fans merely carry on think that all is well and just a tinkering change here or there,  that we really are a club that should be in the top 6 as a right and struggle to come to terms with the realisation that we are not in the top 6 because as a club we have been heading down the short term fix route for so long that it really has affected our long term ability to achieve success.  Where fans just think it takes a change of manager and then we'll be back in our rightful position without having to drastically alter some fundamentals at the club,  well we'll never get better on that basis.

That's why I support Lambert and will continue to 100% to the hilt (or holt) despite the short term immediate results.  Despite the disappointments along the way. Because I believe in his vision,  what he is doing and the fact that he needs doing.  We need the changes highlighted above in order for our long term performances to improve on a consistent basis and not just the odd short term fix.

/\ /\ Long term thinking /\ /\

Its a fair argument Richard but it still doesn't compensate for Lamberts poor tactics. Even last night he showed poor decision making in starting with KEA and then eventually sticking our best midfielder on the wing.

/\ /\ Short term thinking /\ /\

Thanks for that incredible insight. Tell me, how has Lamberts poor tactics come to be placed in your well respected bracket of "short term thinking?"

Edited by Houlston

Like arguing Vanessa Feltz or Liz Jones. Pretty much neither and if you had to pick one its unlikely either will satisfy your needs better than the other.

Bowery then, purely because he's fitter and quicker. Holt is a shadow of his average former self.

Also Helenius would be a better option than both if we are to bring on an attacking player.

Edited by Houlston

But do you want to see any evidence John?

No I want to cling on to my dream of paying hundreds of pounds to watch utter rubbish and average players.

• Like 1

No what I mean is,  some people have their minds made up and wont change from that so comments like "I'm not seeing much evidence so far" etc are pretty pointless as the evidence wont change anything,  they have their mind set

Do you want to see or is your mind made up?

Has Holt suddenly become the only available striker in world football we can sign?