Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

This sounds very much like last seasons game at home against Newcastle - we went 2 down, all was doom and gloom - came back 2nd half, got one back and looked good for the remainder.

We then went on a bit of run of form..... would be happy with that result.

• Like 2

Oh its all good because we had a good 20 minutes after arsenal had settled for the 2-0 win, no positives for me we've played well when losing before and it hasnt changed anything, liverpool earlier in the season was exactly the same. Infact thats not true benteke scoring was a positive, thats the only one i can muster.

Don't think anybody is claiming "it's all good".

Don't know how you can say there were no positives. It was a defeat yeah and there are a lot of things to be annoyed about (mainly these moments of self destruction) but we did play well in the second half.

Just because we lost doesn't mean everything has to be all doom and gloom.

Its doom and gloom because we've won 11 in 49 at home under lambert not because we lost one game.

• Like 1

Lambert made good subs, we played much better second half against arsenal and you could see the confidence coming back. 

Good subs?

He was wrong not playing Bacuna in the first place, and Weimann did FAll when he came on, all I remember from him is a usual poor first touch on a throw win which lost us posession.

He didn't even make a third sub, when we had options (Either throw Helenius up front or put Albrighton to provide crosses for Benetke).

With Lambert I always feel like he hasn't done enough with the subs. Hardly ever uses all of them, even when we are losing.

• Like 2

Oh its all good because we had a good 20 minutes after arsenal had settled for the 2-0 win, no positives for me we've played well when losing before and it hasnt changed anything, liverpool earlier in the season was exactly the same. Infact thats not true benteke scoring was a positive, thats the only one i can muster.

Don't know how you can say there were no positives. It was a defeat yeah and there are a lot of things to be annoyed about (mainly these moments of self destruction) but we did play well in the second half.

Its doom and gloom because we've won 11 in 49 at home under lambert not because we lost one game.

We haven't played 49 home games under Lambert :P

Lambert made good subs, we played much better second half against arsenal and you could see the confidence coming back. 

Good subs?

He was wrong not playing Bacuna in the first place, and Weimann did FAll when he came on, all I remember from him is a usual poor first touch on a throw win which lost us posession.

He didn't even make a third sub, when we had options (Either throw Helenius up front or put Albrighton to provide crosses for Benetke).

With Lambert I always feel like he hasn't done enough with the subs. Hardly ever uses all of them, even when we are losing.

So you agree the Bacuna sub was good, that's something I suppose :P

Weimann added a lot of energy and it was that running which lead to our goal much like against West Brom. He also kept the ball in for a chance that could have been the equalizer. 

Not that I want it now. But you have to admit the team play ok when given chance. A new manager in would make this team perform much better im sure!!  He seems to very much restrict the team. When let of the leash, i.e second half they can play some quite entertaining football.

We haven't played 49 home games under Lambert :P

No you're quite correct 11 in 49 at home, but lamberts home record wont read much easier.

Good subs?

KEA should be shipped. No coincidence things changed for the better when he got took off.

I think the style of play, i think sometimes you can look at results and positions in the league table, and you balance that with the style of play.I think managers have lost jobs, AVB, several times in this league for the style of play not being right. For me Lamberts style of play is  not right. You can't go at home and have 30-35 % possession week and week out, the majority of our fans probably won't accept it. We knew this before the game, the tense are dropping, no excitment, we wanna see som fight and spirit. For me he got to change his tactics at home to survive.

Paul got to tal to Randy to get some money for a creative midtfielder. We got the youngest squad, he needs someone to control it alittle.Theres not really alot of quality in the midtfield. We know going forward, we have players that can score goals, Benteke, Weimann, Gabby, but for me behind them there isn't really anything.

Nah sorry. Anyone who thinks grant Holt is going to be a worthwhile signing has clearly ran out of ideas.

Sorry Paul, you've lost the plot. No surprise seeing how many games you lose. Off you pop.

Pilchard - if this was 5 to midnight on January 31st and we'd failed to sign anyone else, I'd agree but its not and I live in hope that more faces (not faeces) will follow.

At no point is Holt the answer. We don't need more strikers. He is too slow, too immobile and too shit.

I know we joke about signing crap from lower leagues, but borrowing a journeyman from the championship with two goals this season being forced out by his old club?

Nah, he's lost it. He tried but it's not worked out.

• Like 1

We don't need another striker. PL is absolutely clueless, what can go through his mind when he thinks "yeah the fans have been on my back a bit lately , I know what to do, I'll sign an overweight 32 year old who can't get into a mid table Championsip teams starting 11". Please resign. 

Listened to talk sport on the way home and they were shocked at the negativity by villa fans towards Lambert. Apart from the last 10 mins when pushing for the equaliser they said they didn't see any of this long ball that people are talking about. They saw a side that did well against the side that are currently top of the table. They were gobsmacked. I think its fair to say you see what you want to see. Those that don't like Lambert will just see the long balls.

• Like 2

Reason # 23,764

Grant Holt.

Reason #23,765

Getting all giddy and calling him a 'real man'.

Listened to talk sport on the way home and they were shocked at the negativity by villa fans towards Lambert. Apart from the last 10 mins when pushing for the equaliser they said they didn't see any of this long ball that people are talking about. They saw a side that did well against the side that are currently top of the table. They were gobsmacked. I think its fair to say you see what you want to see. Those that don't like Lambert will just see the long balls.

It sounds like they've watched the last 10 minutes of tonight's match and haven't watched us at all for the rest of the season.