Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

His stupid comments to the press about the FA Cup have come back and bit him on the arse. If the cup isn't a big deal then play the fringe players so we can actually see what they can offer. Don't play most of your strongest 11 then get beat at home to a league 1 team. The man is absolutely clueless. 

Although angry with lambert, we should look at the players too - none of them deserve to be wearing the claret and blue shirt. Especially the comical defenders that we have in disposals

When their boss tells them that the game isn't important do you expect them to give it 100%?

Even if Lambert does go, do you really think funds will be there to spend? Lerner will keep the manager, we are a budget team and he wants to keep it that way.

Yes, that is why I wouldn't get rid.

That said, on paper we had a far superior squad today. I've always been of the opinion that Lambert is doing an ok job in the league with the squad he has but he seems to have an inability to beat lower league sides with worse squads than our own.

• Like 1

To anyone still defending Lambert - WHY?!

What has the man ever done during his tenure here to give you optimism? He was my first choice when McLeish left, and has turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments in the 20+ years I've supported the club. I thought when he was appointed the bare minimum we'd get would be a solid, reliable team and no shocks along the way.

Something needs to change.

Lambert can't have it both ways, saying the Cup isn't of importance and then play possibly the strongest team available to him bar Gabby. Either he shouldn't have said it or even better, say he'll take the competition seriously like the majority of the fans want. If he doesn't want to concentrate on the cup, then I could accept that more if he gave our younger prospects a game, but alas that wasn't the case. 

I lost faith in him after Palace, nothing since then has changed my opinion, including the win a Sunderland.