Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

John when he came it was never going to be a quick fix over one or two seasons, I sort of knew it would have ups and lots of downs. When you are basically trying to restructure the whole playing side of a club and turnaround a culture it's a big ask to be honest , if it was easy then someone like me would be doing it. So for me we are no where near our destination at the moment. I don't think we'll go down and I don't expect top six . Top six takes a bit longer to build and certainly a level of consistency it takes ages to build into a squad. Maybe that's the problem? Maybe people still feel we are a top six club?

Maybe we should just leave them alone for a couple of years then Richard and come back when there`s some fooball being played

Has he lost the players the way they celebrated after scoring or am I reading too much into nothing.

Probably reading too much into it unfortunately. A Sunderland-style player revolt is one of the few ways he might be forced out though so I hope the rumours are true.

Paul Lambert has admitted he does not feel immune from getting sacked by Aston Villa.

The claret and blues boss has come under pressure in recent weeks but yesterday halted a terrible losing streak with a 1-1 draw against Swansea.

Owner Randy Lerner phoned Lambert before the game after some sections of supporters turned on him during the Boxing Day defeat to Crystal Palace.

And although their relationship is as tight as ever, Lambert admitted he is not complacent about keeping his job.

When asked if he feared the chop, he replied: “I always have that fear, as you do. I think you’ve got to have that fear.

“I’ve got a good relationship with Randy but that doesn’t mean I’m immune to it (the sack).

“I don’t think it will get any tougher than last year, and he was great with me then, but I’m certainly not immune from anything.”

From the Mail. It won't get tougher than last year? Let's see how he, and the fans feels after the next four games.

http://tinyurl.com/q757ob4

John when he came it was never going to be a quick fix over one or two seasons, I sort of knew it would have ups and lots of downs. When you are basically trying to restructure the whole playing side of a club and turnaround a culture it's a big ask to be honest , if it was easy then someone like me would be doing it. So for me we are no where near our destination at the moment. I don't think we'll go down and I don't expect top six . Top six takes a bit longer to build and certainly a level of consistency it takes ages to build into a squad. Maybe that's the problem? Maybe people still feel we are a top six club?

I don't think people expect top 6 and I think every fan will acknowledge it will take time to have us back up there but Lambert has put together the worst squad I've ever seen. This squad is also playing some of the worst football I've ever witnessed and probably the worst football in the entire league.

There's not a single thing happening to make me think that Lambert is going to build something here.

What he's already built needs to be completely replaced if we are to improve.

Howard Hodgson ‏@HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets5m

Just had it confirmed by PF, Lambert will remain in his position for the long term. They are loathed to sack another manager. #paingoeson

Expand

Excellant news.am glad we are trying to achieve a long term goal and not just swapping managers every couple of seasons   :)

And we are suppose to rely on this as ITK? Hmmmm BTW that is the son not the father.

What's your issue with the crebility then? you don't think he spoke to PF or that PF would tell him?

To answer your question I would be surprised if PF would discuss the possibility of replacing the manager with a fan wherever he sits in the ground.

HH claims to sit in the directors' box, I have no idea whether he does or even if you can. Based on what he used to tweet I would be sceptical anyway. Just my opinion of course and more than happy to be proved wrong

I don't think people expect top 6 and I think every fan will acknowledge it will take time to have us back up there but Lambert has put together the worst squad I've ever seen. This squad is also playing some of the worst football I've ever witnessed and probably the worst football in the entire league.

There's not a single thing happening to make me think that Lambert is going to build something here.

What he's already built needs to be completely replaced if we are to improve.

John I'm not disputing any facts. Why would I? They are incredibly hard to argue against! The last 5 , 10 , 30 games whatever's, anyone can use those and you know what I can't argue! But for.me we have been shite and heading this way for a few years now and have tried everything else under this owner and it hasn't worked.! If this doesn't then it's hard to know what will. Leap of faith doesn't do well against card hold facts!

Any history buffs know if we've had many years worse than 2013?

39 points from 37 games.

1.05 points per game for a whole 12 months. I may be wrong but I'd imagine that has to be close to a club record.

2012 - 33 points from 38 games

2013 - 43 points from 38 games

Edited by lmarsha_926

39 points from 37 games.

1.05 points per game for a whole 12 months. I may be wrong but I'd imagine that has to be close to a club record.

Actually you are wrong we have taken 43 this calender year

Before the game on sky sports news they said we had 38 points from 36 games.

39 points from 37 games.

Actually you are wrong we have taken 43 this calender year

Before the game on sky sports news they said we had 38 points from 36 games.

on December 31st 2012 we had 18 points we finished on 41 so that is 23 points plus the 20 we are one now

Errrr??? Find a manager who can spend money wisely that will work, i.e. Swansea, Everton, Newcastle to name a few. The problem is Richard we have gone backwards and started to play this boring hoof football. If we are going to build something it needs to start by coaching the players into playing entertaining football which will win us games and impress the fans. Otherwise we are going nowwhere. Lambert has had long enough to coach in these tactics, but has reverted back to the shit panic style we all despise. For me theirs no excuse for that.