Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Things are just as bad as under McLeish. Only difference is I think even McLeish could have seen us through a two-legged tie against Bradford. 27% possession at home against a mid table side, we're an embarrassment.

McLeish also had players who could put their foot on the ball and calm things down, Petrov (bought for £6m) and N'Zogbia (£10m) as well as a £15m rated defence and £20m rated attack.

Richard I know you rate him but what aspects of the last few games can you use to defend him? Do you think the standard of football has been good enough? For the whole of 2013 we've barely average just over 1 point per game. What are we meant to look at to hope for improvement?

Surely you can't blame any fan who has now lost patience with him.

that's the thing john I'm snot basing it on the last few games , it's a journey for me and I still support the bloke and believe in him. If others don't then that is the opinion, I won't call them deluded but I will explain why I do not subscribe to that opinion and what I feel is driving that opinion.
  • Like 4

Richard I know you rate him but what aspects of the last few games can you use to defend him? Do you think the standard of football has been good enough? For the whole of 2013 we've barely average just over 1 point per game. What are we meant to look at to hope for improvement?

Surely you can't blame any fan who has now lost patience with him.

that's the thing john I'm snot basing it on the last few games , it's a journey for me and I still support the bloke and believe in him. If others don't then that is the opinion, I won't call them deluded but I will explain why I do not subscribe to that opinion and what I feel is driving that opinion.

But what is it he's done over 18 months that gives you that hope? Not trying to be funny just wondering what you've seen that makes you believe in what we're doing.

5 wins at home in a calendar year, that's just horrendous for any team, let alone Aston Villa, its just not good enough and managers have been sacked for less, but.....

I just don't see who else we can bring in, a Steve Bruce, a Sam allardyce are 3 year cycle managers, they do well for two of those years and get sacked after the third, we need stability and continuity, its depressing after today and recent games and yes I know I said id like him gone after the palace game but tonight im still backing Lambert, can't wait for the abuse now

• Like 1

Keep him. That's my take... We will go again and we'll go better. Football standard today was dire, but I get the impression today was about getting something rather than playing, get the confidence up and Vlaar, Benteke and A N Other (Paul Merson) and we'll be grand.

• Like 2

John when he came it was never going to be a quick fix over one or two seasons, I sort of knew it would have ups and lots of downs. When you are basically trying to restructure the whole playing side of a club and turnaround a culture it's a big ask to be honest , if it was easy then someone like me would be doing it. So for me we are no where near our destination at the moment. I don't think we'll go down and I don't expect top six . Top six takes a bit longer to build and certainly a level of consistency it takes ages to build into a squad. Maybe that's the problem? Maybe people still feel we are a top six club?

• Like 3

Think the defence is being exposed a bit, as it was last year. The difference is we're loosing boy the odd goal, not 3,4 or 8 as we were 12 months ago.

No point sacking the manager, only for someone else to come in under the same remit & start again.

We have an owner who doesn't care and a manager with no money to spend. It took Moyes 3 years at Everton to get going & Ferguson even longer at Man U.

We somehow need to stay in this division & get to a point where we can bring quality in. I'm not sure how we'll do it given the current wage structure.

6 wins required between now & the end of the season & with January looking a tough month, it looks like another battle to the end. I hope the team can find the character they showed from February onwards last season.

Think Lambert is doing no better and no worse than anyone else under the circumstances. With a chairman & CEO who don't want to be here, he is doing well to hold it all together. I'll reserve judgement until the end of next season.

• Like 1

Even if we survive this season, lambert will have to spend all summer 14 getting shot of the shit he's bought - Tonev, KEA, Bowery, Bennett, Luna, Westwood etc etc.

the project is broken.

my friend you are spot on its derailed bigtime he has no chance getting rid of that waste. Lambett thoughg he was clever get young and hungry how wrong he is. Not 1 experienced head with all that youth dunney monster is poor least he would kick the defence into some sort of shape

Has he lost the players the way they celebrated after scoring or am I reading too much into nothing.

how? They celebrated with subs but Gabby and some of the others high fived Lambert on the way through......

Has he lost the players the way they celebrated after scoring or am I reading too much into nothing.

how? They celebrated with subs but Gabby and some of the others high fived Lambert on the way through......

I think the whole celebration thing was more of a **** off to the fans than the manager.

I see in the BBC interview that Lambert said we're "half way there". Can only be the 40 point mark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25474533

Is this what it's come to? I'm seriously contemplating not bothering for Sheffield United. I'm sick of the turgid hoof ball.

One final thing, 37,000 + for two home games in 3 days against pretty average teams is a cracking turn out. Lambert or the team don't deserve us at the moment. Could PL really complain if we were getting half that based on the tripe we've seen this season?

Edited by benireduk