The R word

villanwesty88

If you want a very good chance of having at least something to be cheerful about, just bet on a Fulham win.

That way you'll probably either win some money or see Villa safe this weekend. And if Villa defy the odds and actually beat the mighty Hull while Fulham are winning at Stoke, you could even get both.

I said "probably"... surprise results for Norwich and/or Cardiff could still leave you out of pocket and depressed.

How about just turning up and supporting your club rather than suggesting fans be gambling fodder?

He makes a good point though - it's always good to take out an insurance bet. I'll win hundreds if we go down although that's obviously one bet I don't want to win.

I sincerely hope you lose Mantis & I know that's want you also sincerely want too.

Balls to William Hills, :P

• Like 1

Don't wanna be capp'n doom n' gloom, but I don't see us picking up any more points and I think we've had it

I don't see us picking up any more points either, but I think we'll be safe come Sunday evening

If we lose today and Fulham win then we are down IMO. Sunderlands last 2 games winnable and Fulhams last is winnable. Ofcourse anything can happen but Sunderland are showing fight at the moment and Fulham have been there before a few seasons back. Another negative post I know but we've been a disgrace this season and it feels as if the attitude of most at the club is 'yeah, we are safe' No we're **** not and I hope these drips pull their fingers out today for the fans.

• Like 2

Don't wanna be capp'n doom n' gloom, but I don't see us picking up any more points and I think we've had it

I don't see us picking up any more points either, but I think we'll be safe come Sunday evening

35 points will not keep us up. 38 will, 36 might. They cannot lose today.

Surprised it's taken so long to dust this bad boy off and get Al Pacino back in for the annual relegation scrap team-talk;

That's just got me well and truly up for it, same feeling as West Ham away 3 years ago and Sunderland last season - let's do 'em Villa boys, forget everybody else and get the Holte rocking like we know it should!

Watching that has just made me very nervous!! Fingers crossed we get a point or three today.

I just can't see us scoring but can see us easily conceding, no tears from me if we go down as it's been coming for a few years now and I've accepted it will happen, hope there's some anti Lerner protests at the last 3 games, LERNER OUT....

I agree Stoke v Fulham is key - A stoke win and everything take caer of itself - the form (and everything going to plan) would suggest the following results

Villa V Hull - Away Win

Stoke V Fulham - Home Win

Newcastle V Cardiff - Draw

Chelsea v Norwich - Home Win

...That set of results would see us safe - I doubt they will ALL go our way  - other than our own - the result I am really hoping for is Stoke to beat Fulham. A win for Fulham and a defeat for us and I fear we are done for...

May the Odds be forever in our Favour...

Edited by smetrov

I agree that a lot of this hinges on the Fulham game. As long as they don't win even a loss today will probably see us safe by tomorrow evening.

Of course, if we win we're safe no matter what.

Spoony,

Three facts

1. You posted.

2. In your post you said "Don't wanna be capp'n doom n' gloom, "

3. In your post you said "but I don't see us picking up any more points and I think we've had it"

The first and second cannot both be true. And I know the first is true.

I've got money on us going down.

Emotional hedge betting. I'm a terrible gambler and always lose, so if I just bet against my side every week we should theoretically win.

Ditto. Got over 3,000 coming in if we go down (50/1) but have my shirt on, has kissed the scarf as always and will be going along today to desperately cheer us to victory. I really can't imagine us going down, but if we do at least I'll be going to Barbados for the honeymoon. Not a believer that we can ever influence the results by 'betting against' and will be screaming us home as always today.

• Like 1