The R word

villanwesty88

All it takes is for us to lose again next week and a couple of teams below us to win and it's looking like certain relegation.

I agree, even if we just have Sunderland win tomorrow, Fulham win next week and us lose, we will need to cross our legs for the Spurs game.

All it takes is for us to lose again next week and a couple of teams below us to win and it's looking like certain relegation.

All it takes for us to draw next win, even if teams below us win, and it's looking like we'll still be safe.

I think we'll actually beat Hull anyway but just worried about the alternatives because I don't think they're as far fetched as some think. But next week is our big chance we have an home match against a team with nothing to play for and I think most of our rivals are away from home so if we are not safe this time next week then I'll be pretty dejected and not at all hopeful.

I think we'll actually beat Hull anyway but just worried about the alternatives because I don't think they're as far fetched as some think. But next week is our big chance we have an home match against a team with nothing to play for and I think most of our rivals are away from home so if we are not safe this time next week then I'll be pretty dejected and not at all hopeful.

I think Sunderland picking up 7 points and Fulham picking up 6 isn't impossible, if we go down it'll be those two sides finishing above us. But it still takes a lot of results to go perfect for them and wrong for us even then.

Getting something from Hull is what we need to worry about. I hope the players/manager aren't looking at the table and just focus on their own job.

• Like 1

I know we all worry about going down, but Shane Longs goal saved us I think. Fulham must be destroyed by that. Imagine if that was us conceding 3 min from time?

Norwich are gone too.

So it is Cardiff, Sunderland or us providing we don't get a result against the mighty Tigers. A game I will come over for a give my full support to PL and the team.

Come on guys let's help push the team forward on Saturday. We can do it.

• Like 3

Earlier today I was feeling bullish about our survival chances. However, I have just looked at the remaining fixtures and it isn't far fetched at all for Villa to go down.

Fulham, Sunderland, Cardiff and Norwich will all have a very good chance of winning on the final day because the teams they are playing will have nothing to play for. OK, so we will have a similar fixture at Spurs. Just saying that it's very possible for Fulham to get two wins and Sunderland get 7-9 points as well. I will really fear for us if we lose next week and two other results go against us.

Fulham have to go to Stoke next week and that's far from an easy game. Stoke may not have anything to play for, but they're very good at home. Since losing to Norwich early in the season they've only lost to Liverpool and Spurs (today). Fulham have to win there to be able to finish above us. Come on you Stokies!

Edited by kurtsimonw

I know we all worry about going down, but Shane Longs goal saved us I think. Fulham must be destroyed by that. Imagine if that was us conceding 3 min from time?

Norwich are gone too.

So it is Cardiff, Sunderland or us providing we don't get a result against the mighty Tigers. A game I will come over for a give my full support to PL and the team.

Agree with you about Norwich because they might beat Arsenal but can't see any points from their other game.

If Sunderland win tomorrow it will probably be the worst scenario for us. That would put them 3 points behind with games still to play that they can get a decent return from. Our goal difference may also take a pounding when we play Man City so we could really do with a draw tomorrow imo.

• Like 2

Norwich are gone too.

Agree with you about Norwich because they might beat Arsenal but can't see any points from their other game.

If Sunderland win tomorrow it will probably be the worst scenario for us. That would put them 3 points behind with games still to play that they can get a decent return from. Our goal difference may also take a pounding when we play Man City so we could really do with a draw tomorrow imo.

I agree, everyone here seems to want a Sunderland win. Id go for the draw myself. Keep both at arms lenght

• Like 2

We all just need to throw our gripes out the window and get behind the team next wee trust me we need as many "twelfth" men as we can get smh.

I for one will be there. Get as many to come as possible. Now is not the time to stay away in protest!!!!!!

• Like 1

Fulham have to go to Stoke next week and that's far from an easy game. Stoke may not have anything to play for, but they're very good at home. Since losing to Norwich early in the season they've only lost to Liverpool and Spurs (today). Fulham have to win there to be able to finish above us. Come on you Stokies!

Wouldn't it be great if Stevie Ireland scored the winner in that game. He would actually repay the club in a strange kinda way.

What are the odds on us going down now?

On average 8-1

Next week really is key for us. I could see all the teams below us losing and it is probably our only chance to get some points. A win and we can go back to enjoying all the takeover speculation. Even a draw with other favourable results going for us should see us comfortable. 

Next week can't come quickly enough. 

Edited by JoeParker91
  • Like 1