The R word

villanwesty88

We only need three teams below us.

Norwich need four points against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Fulham need six points against Stoke and Palace.

Cardiff and Sunderland play other. At least one team won't take 3 points, and have to play against either Man Utd or Chelsea.

And that's assuming we get absolutely nothing out of the remaining games. We'll be okay.

No no, you've got it all wrong! Every team below us is going to finish perfectly!
There has been a denial about how poor we have been for ages. These other clubs have a lot more fight than we do.

But these other clubs are still shit.

Norwich have picked up 3 points from 18.

Sunderland 4 from 18.

Cardiff 5 from 18

Fulham 7 from 18.

I'm obviously biased but the fact a club of our size and with our history has to rely on those clubs you mentioned being worse than us is disgusting.

• Like 1

Dodgyknees ive never denied how bad we are and going down is a possibility of course it is. What im saying is though that every team below is not suddenly become a great team and will take close to maximum points now.

I agree. Problem is we have zero fight, they seem to have fight.

Fight, but not talent. Fulham gave their all at home against a bad Hull side who couldn't really give a shit and still couldn't win. Now they have to pick up maximum points.

This is the 3rd season in a row Villa have been in a relegation scrap and in 2010/2011 although they were never really in it they flirted slightly. Not good enough.

The new Coventry City, and we know what eventually happened to them.  :o

Edited by Voinjama

Dodgyknees ive never denied how bad we are and going down is a possibility of course it is. What im saying is though that every team below is not suddenly become a great team and will take close to maximum points now.

Fight, but not talent. Fulham gave their all at home against a bad Hull side who couldn't really give a shit and still couldn't win. Now they have to pick up maximum points.

But we don't have fight or talent so I know who stands a chance when the going gets tough. Yes they have some hard games, but I know for sure we would roll over and die, where-as others will at least try.

(Apart from Norwich).

But we don't have fight or talent so I know who stands a chance when the going gets tough. Yes they have some hard games, but I know for sure we would roll over and die, where-as others will at least try.

(Apart from Norwich).

I don't think we have the fight or talent either. Advantage we have is that we have the points on the board.

(Apart from Norwich).

I don't think we have the fight or talent either. Advantage we have is that we have the points on the board.

And we better hope that is enough, because I cannot see us getting any more.

It's funny how up until now Lambert has been looking up the table and stating how teams would love to be where we are...yet after today he says how "next week is a cup final".

It's as if it has literally just dawned on him. He looks like he has given up, he's lost his main two assistants and his job is on the line - I now firmly believe he will be gone after Spurs.

In an obscure way I'd feel better for a Sunderland win tomorrow.

That will leave Cardiff needing to win both games which is possible as Newcastle are on awful form and Chelsea could field a weakened team. Max 36pts.

If Sunderland win they'll get another 4 points easily I reckon. Expect 36pts.

Fulham could win both but Palace are stubborn and anything but a win away to Stoke next weekend and that's them done vs. us.  Expect 35pts

Norwich are down, but if they did get 4 points they'd end up on 36pts.

We need 1 more point for safety unless Fulham fail to win next week, Norwich lose and depending on tomorrow's result, Cardiff fail to win next week also.

Final Table in my opinion:

16.  Sunderland  36pts

17.  Villa              35pts

18.  Fulham         35pts

19.  Cardiff          34pts

20.  Norwich        32pts

Staying up on goal difference. *Sigh!*

Edited by Tubby

I don't believe we will go down.

I so believe our best chance of points will come against City and Spurs since the "big" games are the only ones we've turned up to all season.

I don't believe we will go down.

I so believe our best chance of points will come against City and Spurs since the "big" games are the only ones we've turned up to all season.

Maybe... I hope so anyway.

if this club goes down its not down to these last 3 games,its over the season & it starts from the 1st day back in preseason last year for me,the whole club stinks from the top down.i dont expect this team get another point this year. i dont have faith in the team or managment

• Like 1

Hopefully Sunderland and Cardiff draw tomorrow and then the bottom three just lose all their remaining matches.

I've no Idea why but I've got a feeling we might beat Hull next weekend.

• Like 1

if this club goes down its not down to these last 3 games,its over the season & it starts from the 1st day back in preseason last year for me,the whole club stinks from the top down.i dont expect this team get another point this year. i dont have faith in the team or management

I love my club with all my heart, but do not believe in anybody at the club - Lerner, Faulkner, Lambert, a lot of the players.

• Like 1

In an obscure way I'd feel better for a Sunderland win tomorrow.

That will leave Cardiff needing to win both games which is possible as Newcastle are on awful form and Chelsea could field a weakened team. Max 36pts.

If Sunderland win they'll get another 4 points easily I reckon. Expect 36pts.

Fulham could win both but Palace are stubborn and anything but a win away to Stoke next weekend and that's them done vs. us.  Expect 35pts

Norwich are down, but if hey did get 4 points they'd end up on 36pts.

We need 1 more point for safety unless Fulham fail to win next week, Norwich lose and depending on tomorrow's result, Cardiff fail to win next week also.

Final Table in my opinion:

16.  Sunderland  36pts

17.  Villa              35pts

18.  Fulham         35pts

19.  Cardiff          34pts

20.  Norwich        32pts

Staying up on goal difference. *Sigh!*

I'd take that now.