The R word

villanwesty88

Villa     35             WBA     36 Hull H FC 0             Arsenal A FC 0 Man C A FC 0             Sunderland A FC 1 Spurs A FC 0             Stoke H FC 1       35                   38                             Norwich     32   Fulham     31   Cardiff     30 Man U A FC 0   Stoke A FC 1   Sunderland A FC 1 Chelsea A FC 0   Crystal Palace H FC 3   Newcastle A FC 1 Arsenal H FC 3             Chelsea H FC 1       35         35         33                             Sunderland     29                     Cardiff H FC 3                     Man U A FC 0                     WBA H FC 3                     Swansea H FC 3                           38                    

We still have Spurs and Man City games to save our selves. We can't automatically write those off in the same sense we can't automatically write off the teams around us getting points against the big boys.

Although watching us play at the moment we wouldn't beat or even struggle to draw against any team in the league. Our defense is shit we all know this but we haven't looked like scoring for since Benteke left. I'd be tempted to start Holt in the remaining games , someone to get on Albrighton's crosses at least.

Baker has cost us endless points this season, he is dreadful.

next week is the biggest game we have had for a long time.

Since Fulham at home.  Which we lost.

this one is even bigger. we lose and that leaves us trying to get points off city and spurs. no way will we stay up if we lose all three

Fulham/Cardiff/Sunderland need to gain a combined 18 points (even then they have to be distributed in a certain way) in just 9 games for us to go down. Either that or Norwich only lose 1 game to United/Chelsea/Arsenal.

Horrible season sports wise so far. Local hockey team survived by the skin of their teeth, and now this. :( Will we go down? Don't know obviously. Gut feeling is saying yes, we will. We've looked devoid of both confidence and ability, which is very worrying, especially now when push comes to shove. Who will step up? Someone needs to if we are to stay up.

this one is even bigger. we lose and that leaves us trying to get points off city and spurs. no way will we stay up if we lose all three

I'm nit-picking here, but if we'd got a point off Fulham we'd be pretty much safe by now.

I'm nit-picking here, but if we'd got a point off Fulham we'd be pretty much safe by now.

I think this was the point I started to wonder if we might go down. Today kind of cemented that thought.

Just need a Norwich win to round off the day.

This wouldn't surprise me one bit

United looking poor at the moment, almost like it is a friendly for them.

I type than and they get a pen!

1-0 United

One thing is sure is that if Lerner and Lambert are still here for next season we WILL go down , if not this season . Lerner must realise he can gain nothing by hanging on and not investing heavily for next season . Cut his losses , get out , take Lambert as well , and give us a fresh start for next season .

Something  that does worry me though is who he might sell to . He`s not Villa to the core and would sell us to any number of rich knobheads if the price was right .

Villa     35             WBA     36 Hull H FC 0             Arsenal A FC 0 Man C A FC 0             Sunderland A FC 1 Spurs A FC 0             Stoke H FC 1       35                   38                             Norwich     32   Fulham     31   Cardiff     30 Man U A FC 0   Stoke A FC 1   Sunderland A FC 1 Chelsea A FC 0   Crystal Palace H FC 3   Newcastle A FC 1 Arsenal H FC 3             Chelsea H FC 1       35         35         33                             Sunderland     29                     Cardiff H FC 3                     Man U A FC 0                     WBA H FC 3                     Swansea H FC 3                           38                    

Just as I suspected...  -_-