The R word

villanwesty88

So is a draw the best result for us tomorrow between Sunderland and Cardiff?!

Yes. If that ends in a draw were safe imo. Would leave Sunderland, Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham needing a result in EVERY remaining game to send us down. Presuming Norwich lose tonight that is. 

That hull goal is so ridiculously huge for us its unbelievable.

If Fulham lose one more game they can't catch us.

Norwich need to do what we expect and not win any games.

Sunderland Cardiff to draw tomorrow would be nice meaning Cardiff cannot lose another game.

I just posted this in the Takeover thread but in hindsight it's much better if I post it here:

Just did a predictor and didn't have us winning any of our remaining games. I tried to be as realistic as possible with the other fixtures though obviously you never know with other teams like you do with the Villa.

http://www.thefishy....p?Competition=1

Have a pop if you want. I had us finishing 16th with Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff all going down.

I'll update this post after every game.

Points needed by us/dropped by opposition to stay above them, mathematically. Any points Villa get in a match decreases the total by that amount (So win 3, draw 1, loss 0) and any points the mentioned team drops in a game will decrease the total by that amount (So win 0, draw 2, loss 3).

Norwich - 7 

Cardiff - 5 

Fulham - 5 -> 3

Sunderland - 7

We have at least a 10 goal better difference than all clubs mentioned, so realistically you can decrease their totals by 1. 

Fulham moves from 5 points to 3 as they dropped 2 points today. Realistically, if Fulham drop any more points this season they can't catch us.

If Fulham lose one more game they can't catch us.

Norwich need to do what we expect and not win any games.

Sunderland Cardiff to draw tomorrow would be nice meaning Cardiff cannot lose another game.

Even a win and a draw for Fulham wouldn't be enough for them. 

That Hull equaliser could be huge. We really need Cardiff to not win tomorrow.

Norwich need 4 points from Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h). Or 3 points and a +13 goal swing.

Fulham need 6 points from Stoke (a) and Crystal Palace (h),

Cardiff would need 6 points from Newcastle (a) and Chelsea (h).

Saying that if Cardiff did win Sunderland would need 7 points from Man Utd (a), WBA (h) and Swansea (h) so also not easy.

Fingers crossed we can stay up but if we do it won't be of our own making. 

Points needed by us/dropped by opposition to stay above them, mathematically. Any points Villa get in a match decreases the total by that amount (So win 3, draw 1, loss 0) and any points the mentioned team drops in a game will decrease the total by that amount (So win 0, draw 2, loss 3).

Norwich - 7

Cardiff - 5

Fulham - 5 -> 3

Sunderland - 7

We have at least a 10 goal better difference than all clubs mentioned, so realistically you can decrease their totals by 1.

Fulham moves from 5 points to 3 as they dropped 2 points today. Realistically, if Fulham drop any more points this season they can't catch us.

Not sure I follow... Why do Fulham need 3 points?

Fulham have to win away to Stoke and at home to Palace, Norwich have to get a win and a draw from Utd away,Chelsea away and Arsenal at home.

A win and a draw won't be enough, they need a minimum of 5 points because of their goal difference

Thank f**k for that Hull equaliser!! The only thing that makes me still retain belief that we'll *just* about scrape safety.

Edited by Isa

Fulham have to win away to Stoke and at home to Palace, Norwich have to get a win and a draw from Utd away,Chelsea away and Arsenal at home.

A win and a draw won't be enough, they need a minimum of 5 points because of their goal difference

They are only 3 points behind us.

Norwich - 7

Cardiff - 5

Fulham - 5 -> 3

Sunderland - 7

Not sure I follow... Why do Fulham need 3 points?

The numbers next to the teams are how many points we need that team to drop (or for us to gain) to finish above them. So 3 more points sees us finish above Fulham guaranteed.