Could any manager do better.

foreveryoung

Baker is good enough to be a 4th choice CB, which is his role in the squad.

I think he has quite a few failings tbh mate, he needs to be sent out on loan in league one so he can be "bossed" and learn from it.

Yes he has quite a few failings, that's why he's the 4th choice cb. What clubs 4th choice cb doesn't have quite a few failings?

I think he has quite a few failings tbh mate, he needs to be sent out on loan in league one so he can be "bossed" and learn from it.

Yeah he has, which is why he isn't a 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice CB in a mid table PL team. 

Yes he has quite a few failings, that's why he's the 4th choice cb. What clubs 4th choice cb doesn't have quite a few failings?

Which is why I said he needs to go on loan, maybe to your team, Blackburn.

But then, Clark moves to 4th? Would he be happy there? Baker is perfect as a 4th choice CB, as in most cases, they aren't called upon that often but can do a job and are happy to be 4th choice.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Here is the paradox- by making the club "sustainable", Lerner is risking it's future...by skidding along paying low wages on mediocre players, we WILL get relegated eventually. At that point, all the Premier League perks go out the window, and the nice sounding "sustainability" catch phrase takes on new meaning. We will then be looking to sustain a Championship level existence. There are two ways a club can be reckless with money. We've experienced the first one, and we are starting to see the opposite way. Serious investment is crucial; without it, it's a slippery slope, and just because we are Aston Villa does not mean we will get promoted straight away. Are we to become the new Sheffield Wednesday?

An apt comparison I am afraid. We used to look at the likes of Everton & Spurs as our peers. No longer.

But then, Clark moves to 4th? Would he be happy there? Baker is perfect as a 4th choice CB, as in most cases, they aren't called upon that often but can do a job and are happy to be 4th choice.

Vlaar - Okore - Clark - Donacien (give him a chance I say) or bring in a right footed CB in jan (loan?) we need somebody more reliable whilst Okore is out and Vlaar is struggling.

Possibly. I completly blame lerner for how poor we've been but i don't think lambert has shown too much.

I think a new manager would do things slightly different but i think we'd be asking a lot if we expected someone to do much better with the restrictions we have in place.

Not a loaded question, just interested to know. where do you think this money we are not spending should in fact come from, his personal fortune? or should we borrow it? or a business partner ( i.e injection of capital)

I thought most were in favour of getting the club back in to profit and out of debt....perhaps the 18 million spent on Bent would be quite useful now.

John, I'm as frustrated as you and I have no allegiance to any of the staff at Villa Park.... but we have had poor Chairmen in the past and not had some of the problems we are experiencing.

I've said it a lot today but the books are now balanced.

But if the top 2 are injured then the fourth choice is needed, as is true right now, so he can't go on loan. And, for what it's worth, cb is a relative position of strength for rovers, I don't think he'd be first choice. Dann and Hanley are better IMO.

We need better coaching staff. That's evident be the fact that players stand around stationary consistently. Watch it when we get a throw in the other teams half. Everyone marked and nobody moves

And yet we allow the opposition all the space in the world when they get a throw.

Vlaar - Okore - Clark - Donacien (give him a chance I say) or bring in a right footed CB in jan (loan?) we need somebody more reliable whilst Okore is out and Vlaar is struggling.

But how do we know Donacien is better than Baker? For the reasons I've listed, Baker is perfect as a 4th choice CB, but nothing more.

We need better coaching staff. That's evident be the fact that players stand around stationary consistently. Watch it when we get a throw in the other teams half. Everyone marked and nobody moves

Unless the players are just utterly stupid? I said before, you can buy technical ability for peanuts, but these players must have faults - and this is why they are cheap and playing in lower divisions, I just think they might be thick..?

Unless the players are just utterly stupid? I said before, you can buy technical ability for peanuts, but these players must have faults - and this is why they are cheap and playing in lower divisions, I just think they might be thick..?

it's not just these players though. It was the same under any other manager we had all the way back to dol

I like the bloke I really do but this Lambert/Lerner combo is a total load of utter shat. hopefully Lerner does one and somebody comes in and full backs Lamber with some real money.

Do I think anyone else could do a better job? Yes

Would they come to us? hell no

So for that reason I really hope Lambert can sort this crap out and believe he could if this so called owner gave him some cash. week in week out we are getting turned over by clubs half the size of us then we get the odd win which we probably didn't deserve to win.

But how do we know Donacien is better than Baker? For the reasons I've listed, Baker is perfect as a 4th choice CB, but nothing more.

Baker:

Beaten to headers a lot - and Baker is apparently our "big man"

Slow.

Easily turned.

Has this odd obsession with moving infield - instead of keeping good distance from other defenders.

Suffers the rush of blood where he darts 5/6 yards and leaves Clark open.

Loses markers from corners.

A lot of faults for a player we are being forced to rely on, he needs to learn the game and we should give Donacien a chance.

Possibly. I completly blame lerner for how poor we've been but i don't think lambert has shown too much.

I think a new manager would do things slightly different but i think we'd be asking a lot if we expected someone to do much better with the restrictions we have in place.

Not a loaded question, just interested to know. where do you think this money we are not spending should in fact come from, his personal fortune? or should we borrow it? or a business partner ( i.e injection of capital)

I thought most were in favour of getting the club back in to profit and out of debt....perhaps the 18 million spent on Bent would be quite useful now.

John, I'm as frustrated as you and I have no allegiance to any of the staff at Villa Park.... but we have had poor Chairmen in the past and not had some of the problems we are experiencing.

I've said it a lot today but the books are now balanced.

I doubt very much that they are. 

it's not just these players though. It was the same under any other manager we had all the way back to dol

Not as bad as these, the movement they show is.. well it isn't, even in attack they look lost. 

Baker:

Beaten to headers a lot - and Baker is apparently our "big man"

Slow.

Easily turned.

Has this odd obsession with moving infield - instead of keeping good distance from other defenders.

Suffers the rush of blood where he darts 5/6 yards and leaves Clark open.

Loses markers from corners.

A lot of faults for a player we are being forced to rely on, he needs to learn the game and we should give Donacien a chance.

Sorry mate but this is some weird logic.

I don't know whether you're being deliberately obtuse but 4th choice CB's are rarely players that teams are 'forced to rely on'. Look at other teams. I couldn't even name the 4th choice CB's for some of them, because they rarely play. Baker is absolutely perfect for this role, because in an ideal world the job of the 4th choice CB is to be there in the case of an absolute emergency and not be too annoyed about not getting too much playing time.

Secondly, you say 'give Donacien a chance' (a player who has never played first team football) and in the same sentence say that 'Baker needs to learn the game'.

• Like 1

Â