Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

The more I watch the Villa this season the more convinced I become that not renewing my 2 season tickets and saving a fortune was a brilliant decision.

I regret watching it for free, never mind forking out a few hundred quid to be bored senseless for  an hour and a half every other week.

After how we started, trailing 0-2 at half time is really difficult to take. Albrighton has been giving his all and seems to be our only creative spark at the moment. I don't really know what we can do to change this in the second half, but we'll need a miracle now.

Woeful. Im going to bed. Good luck guys. I hope i dont wake up to another 8-0.

I will overreact tonight but i think its time for Lambert to go and for us to sign a foreign manager who knows how to spend money and not sign players who just run around a lot. Id love to see a team who know how to pass to each other. Our best players aside from Benteke and Vlaar were players already at the club (Gabby Guzan Delph Wiemann)

He really has signed alot of shit. When hes spent a few bob on a player he has signed decent players (benteke vlaar okore). Problem is we have a small budget but were better off signing 1 player for 4-5 million with quality than 4-5 shit players for 4-5 million.

Anyway thats my rant and im off. Hope its respectable loss at least when i wake up......

• Like 1

Am I even watching the same match as some of you are?

We've been decent, it's hardly been shambolic. Our defending down the left has been a shambles though.

We certainly have not been playing like a Conference team - that said, we do lack incisiveness in the final third.

Albrighton hasn't been anything special today, he doesn't have the pace or the vision to create anything. Gabby's playing brightly though, seems to be our own real source of penetration atm.

What the **** is Lambert telling Gabby to do of late. Doesn't track back and then swamps Benteke when we're going forward. They're hardly going to play intricate 1-2s with each other.

Put him wide for **** sake and allow the front 3 some room to operate.

Unbelievable how we cannot manage 5 passes in a row. Dross defending too. You think the lads would be fired up playing a utd team on the down. Looks like they took it for granted. Sick of this crap home form. Worse n worse for the past 5 years

Good start, half chances, nervous Benteke ruined a good attacking option by refusing to shoot and taking a heavy first touch. Nativity at the back exposed by a lack of coverage for Luna. Goals change matches and it was certainly against the run of play. Gifted United the chance and they have the quality to control the game. But we are playing with an out of form Lowton and our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs.

Midfield is devoid of Delph's presence. Albrighton and Gabby have shown flashes of good play.

Am I even watching the same match as some of you are?

We've been decent, it's hardly been shambolic. Our defending down the left has been a shambles though.

We certainly have not been playing like a Conference team - that said, we do lack incisiveness in the final third.

Albrighton hasn't been anything special today, he doesn't have the pace or the vision to create anything. Gabby's playing brightly though, seems to be our own real source of penetration atm.

From reading the rest of your post I don't think you are, no.

• Like 1

Luna is absolutely terrible. Not an improvement on bennett at all. He just cant defend, gives them all the time in the world to cross and we get punished for it. Feel a bot sorry for Benteke as well, he may have been poor the last few weeks but 3/4 times hes peeled off jones and would be clean through if gabby/albrighton/el ahmadi had slipped him in. Sylla has been useless, offered absolutely nothing albeit the other two havent offered much more. We need vlaar back quickly as the defence just looks awful without him.

Good start, half chances, nervous Benteke ruined a good attacking option by refusing to shoot and taking a heavy first touch. Nativity at the back exposed by a lack of coverage for Luna. Goals change matches and it was certainly against the run of play. Gifted United the chance and they have the quality to control the game. But we are playing with an out of form Lowton and our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs.

Midfield is devoid of Delph's presence. Albrighton and Gabby have shown flashes of good play.

Apart from that we've been complete dogshit. You missed that bit

I'd go for Bacuna for Sylla and get him to play in front on Luna. too easy for Man Utd down that side. plus Bacuna at least can take free kicks should we get one in a decent position.

don't see us fighting back, but we could really do without a hammering to shatter confidence before Xmas.

Lucky to be 0-2 down. Do our defensemen talk to each other at all? In the first goal, we had three guys in the box, they had two. Clark had Welbeck, Baker and Lowton were standing by themselves. Januzaj was all alone.

He made his run from midfield, where was the midfielder covering is run? KEA is standing just outside the box and allows him a free run.