Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

We are so frustrating - never capitalise. Always one step forward, two back.

I knew we would concede with the defence out there today, but I thought we might have created something. We are so one dimensional - Fulham are sitting much deeper so the counter attack isn't working. Lambert hasn't done anything to change our approach.

Poor.

We are so poor in possession of the ball. It's embarrassing really, we get outplayed by almost every team in the league and rely on pace and long balls for our attacks. Its braindead football. We rarely play any nice passing moves. When trans press us we have to defend desperately to get anything and when they sit back we never look like breaking them down. Frustrated with Lambert.

Imagine this back four against man UTD without Delph to protect them

I'm going to lock myself in a dark room this weekend and not come out until Monday

Lambert today showing himself to be the limited manager he is

Problem is he hasn't got 3 obvious best players to throw on and change the game

He's going to have to use all that tactical knowledge he learnt eating schnitzels in Germany

This is all Lambert's fault. Im sorry. I am happy to blame players for performances but lots of players out of position.

WTF is Wiemann's role? behind the front two? no need for Delph Westwood and El Ahmadi in this game. They are not dominant in midfield as other teams. Bacuna should be on dead ball duties or get him off and put Lowton on. Herd is a CM.

Just a shambles all over Paul. Fix it.

Well, we can't throw Weimann, Delph and Gabby on because they're already on. How do we get out of this one?

Weimann off, Lowton on. Push Bacuna up.

Helenius on for Herd...

Benteke - Gabby

Helenius

Westwood - KEA - Bacuna

Delph - Baker - Clark - Lowton

We were just about on top at nil nil - poor defending then gives them a goal and a load of confidence - then the referee ends the contest with an awful decision. We've been very poor, Fulham have been good, the referee has been awful.

I don't think there's too much we can do at the back - I'm not sure I'd take a straight Lowton-Bacuna swap.

Midfield is largely invisible, Benteke is out of sorts. I think Herd has actually turned up and he at least looks like there's a chance he'll hurt somebody.

We're Delph, Gabby, Clark, Baker, Herd and Guzan. No one else has turned up.

• Like 1

Awful awful long ball football from Villa.

This. Blaming the ref is pointless. There are a lot of crap refs in the league, many of which make poor decisions. We have done very little to suggest that we will get anything from this game regardless of who the ref is.