Midweek football 3/4 December

andykeenan

Palace would be my second team in the league and I don't know why. 

:huh:

Palace are kind of a Villa of the south, given their origins.

Their colours are red and blue, although they had adopted a claret and pale blue strip of Aston Villa in their early years. 

Thus a new football club, originally nicknamed "The Glaziers", was formed on 10 September 1905 under the guidance of Aston Villa assistant secretary Edmund Goodman.

As a side note with that corner, it was very low and almost the complete opposite to the types of corners he did for us, d'you reckon the looping, swinging corner is a Lambert thing rather than Bannan?

Wait, people actually believe that the floating corners was Bannan's idea? Of course it's what Lambert was telling him to do it. Teams work on set-pieces in training all the time. We're still doing the floaty corner thing now. Lambert tells the team to do the same thing every corner. Float it to Benteke on back post. It's no wonder we never score from them.

Annoyed the hell out of me when people were blaming Bannan for the shite floaty corners. It's so obviously management telling them to do it.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

As a side note with that corner, it was very low and almost the complete opposite to the types of corners he did for us, d'you reckon the looping, swinging corner is a Lambert thing rather than Bannan?

Wait, people actually believe that the floating corners was Bannan's idea? Of course it's what Lambert was telling him to do it. Teams work on set-pieces in training all the time. We're still doing the floaty corner thing now. Lambert tells the team to do the same thing every corner. Float it to Benteke on back post. It's no wonder we never score from them.

Annoyed the hell out of me when people were blaming Bannan for the shite floaty corners. It's so obviously management telling them to do it.

I just thought Bannan was shite at corners, Westwood too.

Probably should have just ignored Lambert's corner instructions :lol:

10 in three and a half games against Norwich.   That's getting into Robbie Fowler vs us territory. 

HauntingDigitalGerenuk.gif

Shades of Deano vs Ipswich all those years ago? 

Â