2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

more shocked Khedira made it since he hasn't kicked a ball since start of season

He's played in all of the qualifying games apart from 2, so I can see why he's made it despite his lack of playing time.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Netherlands and Italy. France have 2 good ones too in Benzema and Giroud but that's not many. When you say 'raft' how many do you mean?

Edited by Voinjama

Netherlands have an unfit Van Persie, and Huntelaar who's alright. I wouldn't say they are overflowing with quality up front.

Italy have Balotelli and Rossi, but the rest are more wide men. You could add El Shaarawy but he's only had a handful of games this year.

Spain probably have the best, with Costa, Negredo, Llorente and Villa, although they also have goals from Pedro and the like.

Compared to previous years, it does seem to be the case that teams are packed with midfield quality, but defensively and going forward most teams are a little suspect, with the odd exception like Argentina who have strikers to spare.

That could be symptomatic of where the game is at currently.

You could add El Shaarawy but he's only had a handful of games this year.

Overrated. In 2 years he's had about 3 good months, where he was really on fire. Other than that, when he's not been injured, he's been real poor. Insigne-Balotelli-Cerci would be my guess at the front line.

Argentina and COlombia seem to be the only team with top strikers going into this tournament, maybe Uruguay

England has Sturridge but he's gonna be a big question mark on how well he does with Woy's "tactics".

Also think of the GK's that missed out, Rene Adler and ter Stegen.. 

Can kinda understand that one, ter Stegen hasn't had the best of cameos when's he's made the odd appearance out for the national side and there's just so many capable German goalkeepers available at the moment.  I've no doubts he'll be #1 post-Neuer.

Ameobi is in the Nigeria squad, I always thought he was English.

without looking at his wiki i think he was born in Nigeria, that about 2002 England played a friendly at st James' park (against Ukraine?) and there was a media led campaign to give him a cap because he was playing for Newcastle

Incidentally, I watched the Liverpool game with 2 of my irish cousins and they were both convinced England had a really good squad going into the world cup.

I was bemused, as I'm hardly optimistic. But they were adamant and couldn't believe I thought we'd go out in the groups!

I'm putting it down to the fact they're liverpool fans so are overrating the england squad based on the amount of liverpool players likely to be in it. But still, not everybody thinks we're shit!

Netherlands and Italy. France have 2 good ones too in Benzema and Giroud but that's not many. When you say 'raft' how many do you mean?

I should think you'd need at least three to make a raft, two would be just a little bit unstable.

I like Brazil's defence. Best at the world cup? Experienced too.

I'd pair Thiago Silva with Dante, Dani Alves at right back, Maxwell at left back.  David Luiz can slot in to a 3 CB system.

Argentina and COlombia seem to be the only team with top strikers going into this tournament, maybe Uruguay

England has Sturridge but he's gonna be a big question mark on how well he does with Woy's "tactics".

Yes and England haven't got a Suarez to play alongside him...

Netherlands have an unfit Van Persie, and Huntelaar who's alright. I wouldn't say they are overflowing with quality up front.

That Arjen Robben is alright...

Luc Castaignos comes highly rated as does Jermaine Lens.

Defence is the real issue, Vlaar is probably our best defender...