2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

I would love it if bacuna made the squad. I know people have mentioned it before but is it feasible that he could make it? I am not so up to date with players from there.

I would love it if bacuna made the squad. I know people have mentioned it before but is it feasible that he could make it? I am not so up to date with players from there.

Wouldn't think so.

Hard to believe he's only 22.

Wouldn't think so.

2803289357.jpg

Hard to believe he's only 23

People find it hard to believe I'm only 23... <_<

I think Argentina will do well. Apparently their schedule of when they play games is good and they're in the weaker side of the draw so can build up momentum.

They have weaknesses of course but if that attack clicks they can outscore most I reckon.

Hope they do well, I must be the only person in the U.k who prefer them to Brazil. The quality of player they produce has been consistently much higher than Brazil in the last 10 years imo.

Wouldn't think so.

Bacuna didn't even get into the Holland squad for the U-21 Euros last year.

One thing to look out for is team spirit. There is always one or two teams that have arguments within the camp.

At recent world cups it has been Ireland, Netherlands and France, and there is usually an African team that has a wage dispute with its football association.

These teams usually go out in the group stage.

One thing to look out for is team spirit. There is always one or two teams that have arguments within the camp.

At recent world cups it has been Ireland, Netherlands and France, and there is usually an African team that has a wage dispute with its football association.

Aside from Togo in 2006, when else has this "usually" happened?

Ireland? When was that and what happened?

Just thinking about it, I presume you mean the Roy Keane saga. That was a 1 off thing. Ireland usually has a great spirit in the camp.

Aside from Togo in 2006, when else has this "usually" happened?

Cameroon before the Russia game in 1994 is the only other example I can think of.

I think Argentina will do well. Apparently their schedule of when they play games is good and they're in the weaker side of the draw so can build up momentum.

They have weaknesses of course but if that attack clicks they can outscore most I reckon.

Hope they do well, I must be the only person in the U.k who prefer them to Brazil. The quality of player they produce has been consistently much higher than Brazil in the last 10 years imo.

I can see where you're coming. Argentina have some magnificent players and I'm looking forward to watching them. Still, I just can't bring myself to support them in any way for obvious reasons. ;)

I didn't know about that Nigeria one. But looking at their performance in that game after playing so well at the start of the tournament, it makes sense.

Edited by Voinjama