Did You Like ABBA?

Morpheus

I liked ABBA and still do although I had to pretend I didn't for a few years in the late 70's early 80's because the were not something a young buck should admit to liking and my older brother used to tell people to embarrass me. 

I was glad when it became cool to like them again as I could come out of the closet and stop living a lie.

Super Trouper was the first vinyl record I owned. 

Bjorn and Agnetha were a couple when Abba started. The relationship started to decay and the band's lyrics got darker. 

Bjorn was wrinting about he and Agnetha. 

She must have dreaded what was going to be on the next lyric sheet.

He's interviewed on this, you can tell it gave him some satisfaction :)

On 19/01/2016 at 00:00, mjmooney said:

The Day Before You Came is a great song.

Agreed but I actually prefer the Blancmange version, probably because I heard it first, was years before I even realised it was an ABBA cover version. Theirs just sounds a bit more jaggedy and edgy which I think suits the song. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, useless said:

Just listening to some of their lesser well known tracks on youtube

Why do you think this is one of their lesser known songs?

This one proves they could actually be very shite.

55 minutes ago, Xann said:

Bjorn and Agnetha were a couple when Abba started. The relationship started to decay and the band's lyrics got darker. 

Bjorn was wrinting about he and Agnetha. 

She must have dreaded what was going to be on the next lyric sheet.

He's interviewed on this, you can tell it gave him some satisfaction :)

When I've seen her interviewed she says it was good that he was so open about it with the lyrics, when I hear the lyrics he comes across as a right bastard 

Like most pop acts they've got some shit songs, some that are just too poppy but some guilty pleasures too that are bangers 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2016 at 20:35, useless said:

The Beatles would go down a musical legends whenever they came on to the scene. Even now when measured against some of bands all the bands that have been around since them.

Your probably right, I must admit though that I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than listen to one of their songs. Personally I think they were atrocious!

I can't stand ABBA either btw

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KHV said:

Your probably right, I must admit though that I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than listen to one of their songs. Personally I think they were atrocious!

Sir, I salute you :mrgreen:

It's like lord of he flies in here. I don't care how rare the ABBA tracks are that I've been listening to, it's ABBA none of them are going to be actually rare, and I didn't say that the one I posted was one of their 'lesser well known tracks'. Plus ABBA's music is better than a good 96% of the music posted on this forum, and I don't especially like them that much.

you need to go yourself on to lay all your love on me @useless that's where its at, followed by chiquitita

being younger its hard to know what was a popular abba track and what's not, if its on gold does that mean it was big? or if it made the mega mix / mama mia soundtrack / steps cover

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Always enjoy their pop and I've thoroughly enjoyed both of the Mamma Mia films 😎

'Mamma Mia' is scarier than Alien.

That's down to Pierce Brosnan's singing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, useless said:

Just listening to some of their lesser well known tracks on youtube

and I didn't say that the one I posted was one of their 'lesser well known tracks'.

Just sayin' :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Â