Did You Like ABBA?

Morpheus

I find ABBA a bit bleak sounding for some strange reason, but it's not the music itself, obviously the tunes are quite cheery, it's more psychological. I think some music suffers from being played before and after other music, like an association thing.

Edited by useless

So do you have schizophrenia or did you just feel like answering the question in the thread title twice in the space of a few minutes? :D

And back OT, no, I don't like ABBA.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

If ABBA never existed and another band came on the scene now and released the same songs, as long as they sounded the same, then that band would be the most popular and biggest band on the planet.

1 minute ago, useless said:

If ABBA never existed and another band came on the scene now and released the same songs, as long as they sounded the same, then that band would be the most popular and biggest band on the planet.

i agree to a degree(you like my wording :)) but the same could be said for a lot of old bands.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i agree to a degree(you like my wording :)) but the same could be said for a lot of old bands.

I was just thinking that myself. Taylor Swift is the only recording artist I can think of who'd give them a run for their money in terms of popularity.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I was just thinking that myself. Taylor Swift is the only recording artist I can think of who'd give them a run for their money in terms of popularity.

i was listening to the beatles in the car the other day with the missus and i said forget boy bands like 1D, if these came out now it would smash anything out there. we were listening to their early stuff. same with some of the old rock bands.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i was listening to the beatles in the car the other day with the missus and i said forget boy bands like 1D, if these came out now it would smash anything out there. we were listening to their early stuff. same with some of the old rock bands.

The Beatles would go down a musical legends whenever they came on to the scene. Even now when measured against some of bands all the bands that have been around since them.

i agree to a degree(you like my wording default_smile.png) but the same could be said for a lot of old bands.

So the most popular two acts of all time are Abba and Taylor Swift?

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So the most popular two acts of all time are Abba and Taylor Swift?

Taylor Swift is the biggest most popular act on the planet at the moment, what I'm saying is if ABBA (or some other band but with the songs sounding exactly the same) burst onto the scene now rather than when they did, then they'd be the biggest and most popular act in the world, and that of the acts currently active, only TS would give them a run for their money.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Taylor Swift is the biggest most popular act on the planet at the moment, what I'm saying is if ABBA (or some other band but with the songs sounding exactly the same) burst onto the scene now rather than when they did, then they'd be the biggest and most popular act in the world, and that of the acts currently active, only TS would give them a run for their money.

nah mate im not too familiar with her but i have heard some of her songs and imo she wouldn't get close to abba.

I wasn't really talking in terms of song quality just that she'd be the only musical act to come close to them in terms of popularity. That said she's taking a break this year,so expect someone else to take the limelight for a while.

• 3 years later...
Â