Did You Like ABBA?

Morpheus

because of them at every party i have to suffer watching fat old women get up and start dancing to dancing queen. cant stand them

Sounds like you're going to the wrong parties. Can't blame Benny and Bjorn for that.

Edit: But, yeah, hearing the same tune at parties all the time can be tiresome. If I have to watch lithe young bisexual ladies snorting cocaine off each other's perfectly-formed bosoms to the tune of "I Feel Love" one more time I swear I'll jump off the side of the yacht. (:))

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Yeah it's weird. I could happily put ABBA on and sing along to every song.

Totally agree Stefan. I was in a rotten mood yesterday and I noted ABBA's greatest hits on one of Sky's music channels. Watched it and was uplifted back to being a miserable sod.

We got there in the end :D

All we had at home when I was a kid was military marching bands.

Anyway, Abba are fantastic on so many levels. The songwriting, harmonies and general production are gold standard.

because of them at every party i have to suffer watching fat old women get up and start dancing to dancing queen. cant stand them

There is a huge amount of pathos in Dancing Queen and I can only wonder which is the sadder experience; fat people dancing to Dancing Queen or fat people dancing to I Will Survive

I would probably vote for the latter, as long as there was at least one handbag involved.

Never a fan, but I did appreciate the clunge.

Especially after having a dream where the girls got out of that helicopter in white jump suits...they had zips up the back which I undid and slid my mutton dagger into the pair of 'em.

Yum yum

• Like 3

Late 1970's me and a mate sneeked in to see Abba the Movie. We didn't sneek in because we were under age or any of that, we just knew how desperately uncool it was - but had to see it.

Getting out after the movie was good practise for a couple of years later when, having gone into a sex shop, I had to negotiate that nervy walk back out onto the street.

In Aus in the late 70s early 80s it was always a case of:

Men listen to AC/DC or Cold Chisel

Sheilas and poofs listen to ABBA

I don't think that is a hard and fast rule any more though!

Personally, I like many of their songs and I'd find myself singing along if it came on the radio but I wouldn't actively put an ABBA album on to listen to.

• Like 1

Â