Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Might be for the best seeing as his 43m spend hasn't improved us to any great level

Roughly the squad Lambert had to work with - the squad where he had to remove the high earners. I have marked out the high earners, now you tell me how to build a squad with 43m.

Given

Guzan

Hutton

Collins

Dunne

Cuellar

Warnock

Lichaj*

Herd

Clark

Baker

Stevens*

N'Zogbia

Petrov (Unfortunate, but still needed replacing)

Makoun

Bannan*

Holman

Ireland

Albrighton*

Delph

Agbonlahor

Heskey

Weimann

Bent

Delfouneso*

*These were under performing or were not good enough.

• Like 2

Might be for the best seeing as his 43m spend hasn't improved us to any great level

Roughly the squad Lambert had to work with - the squad where he had to remove the high earners. I have marked out the high earners, now you tell me how to build a squad with 43m.

Given

Guzan

Hutton

Collins

Dunne

Cuellar

Warnock

Lichaj*

Herd

Clark

Baker

Stevens*

N'Zogbia

Makoun

Bannan*

Holman

Ireland

Albrighton*

Delph

Agbonlahor

Heskey

Weimann

Bent

Delfouneso*

That's a shit squad right there

Given

Guzan

Hutton

Collins

Dunne

Cuellar

Warnock

Lichaj*

Herd

Clark

Baker

Stevens*

N'Zogbia

Makoun

Bannan*

Holman

Ireland

Albrighton*

Delph

Agbonlahor

Heskey

Weimann

Bent

Delfouneso*

That's a shit squad right there

Only 7 of those were kept good enough (and I have doubts about some of those) if you remove all high earners and all players sold, we are left with **** all. Suddenly that 43m looks a really shit amount to have.

I can see Lambert walking at the end of the season, and if as a club we can't even find the pennies to buy a Norwich bench warmer I don't think I could really blame him.

Ehhhhh....we have the money. Norwich are refusing to deal with us.

Because by all accounts our offer was derisory.

By whose account exactly?!

Norwich just said they will not sell him and refused his transfer request.

There is no doubt we can afford him.

The signing of Bertrand was a good piece of business and is likely to become a permanent deal if he continues to play well.

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

If that is all football was about then 99.9% of fans (especially those who follow lower league football) have completely go tthe wrong end of the stick.

If you will only be satisfied by a billionaire spunking hundreds of millions on players and wages, go buy yourself a sky blue top, I hear they're all the rage.

Even lower league fans would expect their clubs to be able to compete financially with those similar sized clubs around them. The last few years have saw (imo) much smaller clubs outspending us both in fees and wages. John isn't asking for a owner to spunk his millions he is just asking for a equal footing, unfortunately our owner isn't providing us with that.

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

You said you were only bothered about the club being run properly, thats why you wanted Lerner out and nothing to do with just wanting someone to spend a shit loads on players?

The club being run properly means having us competitive, not ensuring a billionaire is OK. We're a professional sports club. No one wants Lerner to bankrupt himself and no one wants the club to get itself in a financial mess. But for the past 18 months we've backed the manager with a pretty poor amount.

You just can't get your head around the idea that there's something in between surviving on the cheap and spunking endless amounts of cash.

I don't know why? I imagine its because if you acknowledges that you couldn't moan at other fans.

How come a pretty poor amount ?!

43m isn't poor .. But it was a whole re-building .. Lambert had some mistakes but it's accepted .. No one is perfect .. 

Our aim was Continuely improvement .. And we're improving in many ways .. 

We don't need to pay a huge amount to only get top 10 ! I think the spending should begin when our squad is nearly completed and stable ..

Southampton paid huge money .. But doesn't look that they'll finish more than 8th ..

The difference between 8th and the rest is only couple of millions .. But Between 8th and Top 6 there's a huge gap (I'm talking about regular top 6 or 7) ..

I think the plan is to reach top 8 or 9 or even 10 with pennies .. And after that spend what it have to move to the next level ..

Bullshit account by the looks, but.

Transfer News/Rumour @ITK_TRANSFER 29s

Norwich have accepted a bid for Wes Hoolahan from a premier league club but not Aston Villa. Fee is believed to be lower than Villa bid

I hope they go down if they accept a lower bid than ours, just because we are Villa. Very childish and amateur if so.

Edited by VillaRoy

You said you were only bothered about the club being run properly, thats why you wanted Lerner out and nothing to do with just wanting someone to spend a shit loads on players?

The club being run properly means having us competitive, not ensuring a billionaire is OK. We're a professional sports club. No one wants Lerner to bankrupt himself and no one wants the club to get itself in a financial mess. But for the past 18 months we've backed the manager with a pretty poor amount.

You just can't get your head around the idea that there's something in between surviving on the cheap and spunking endless amounts of cash.

I don't know why? I imagine its because if you acknowledges that you couldn't moan at other fans.

If you just want to watch someone spunk a load of cash go and buy a league, there are plenty of choices for you. Just not here thanks

I don't give 2 **** what Lerner (or any other owner of Villa) does with his money, as long as the club is run properly and sustainably. 

Â