Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

WTF there is no way that Delph is on anything like that. Where you get that crap from? He signed a new deal under Houllier in 2010. He had just come back from serious injury then and was still totally unproven at Prem level. In fact had hardly played. He would have been put on about 25-30k a week at most. The figure you have stated is pie in the sky nonsense.

HH said he's only behind Gabby in the wages, and on far, far more than Benteke

Remember, he got his contract when we were chockablock with wasters on 50k+ a week

I am no fan of Houllier but I do not believe for one second with in weeks of being at the club he put Delph, who had played a handful of games at Prem level, on a 55k a week 4 and half year contract.

He came from a Leeds side in League one where he was likely to be on no more than 5-7k a week. If that given he came through there youth side. We'd have likely given him 20k a week when he joined as he was still a teenager totally unproven in the top flight. There is no way he then, having played a handful of games and just back from a serious injury, was put on 55k a week.

HH said Delph had to perform better to justify his 55k wages. I read the post. It caused a stir at the time. Think it was one of the last posts he made. :(

#avfc missing out on both Tom Ince and Lewis Holtby on loan, instead focussing their sole attention and effort to Wes Hoolihan #ridiculous

So says who?

Edit: Is that your own tweet?

ITK ;) shocking really that we haven't even bothered to bid for either of them. Ince is off to Palace and Holtby to Fulham, would we honestly not be a more favourable club to come to then a relegation threatened club who have lost 16 games this season and Palace??

You didn't answer either question...

That's because he's full of shit. Anyone who claims to get their info from a chip shop is a bit of dunce really.

Large chicken meat and chips with a large pot of curry sauce ;) Never bothered to inquire about Ince and Holtby was mentioned but the budget has been put a side for WH's transfer fee and wages. I'm not an ITK lol.

Once again, you didn't answer either question. As you seem to have trouble reading and responding do you have some sort of condition or learning difficulty? Then it would make more sense.

So you decide to assume someone has a "learning difficult" because I has taking the piss about what my dinner would be from the chip shop -_- . We won't sign anyone else this window, just confirmed by Pete Colley on SSN after Lambert's PC #ITK ;)

I didn't assume, I asked if you did... Still not one answer.

Of course Newcastle are interested he plays in france

But this is Joe Kinnear we are talking about, he probably pronounces his name 'Fabrice'

Bacuna played in the 'number 10' position against the Tesco Bags the other night, before he was forced to move to right back, maybe PL is happy with how he played there and doesn't think he needs to bring in another player who can play in that roll. Without a doubt we need a half-decent experienced number 10, Holtby would of been quality, but he joined Fulham, **** Fulham.

Think its going to be a pretty boring day for us Villa fans, least its Jim White day tomorrow lol #meltdown

Edited by Avflife

Jim White on twitter has said we are in for Christopher Samba, Henri Bedimo and Lescott!

And a quantity of wooden planks to shore up the goal! We going ultra defensive or what?

5-0-5 here we come!!

I expect 2 players in minimum today. Would be disappointed if Lambert were, in his words, juggling 15 things and only signed Hoolahan.

Disappointed in who though? Surely once Lambert lets Faulkner know who his targets are it's out of his hands then?

Delph is still improving. There's more to come. I may yet be proved wrong that he is not a goal-scoring midfielder. (For now I stick with my comparison to Ramires). We won't sell him this transfer window.

Don't rule out possibility we sell him over the summer, especially if he scores more and goes with England squad to Brazil. Might even be sold to a foreign club,

Club just might want to cash in on a player who takes up a disproportionate chunk of wage bill and who is possibly also injury prone.

disproportionate? the guy has been our best player this season and performed very well in the final third of last season.  I dare say to get him to sign a new contract would take around 40k a week. We won't get anywhere by cashing in on our best players just because they want the going rate.

It would be a big mistake to let Delph go and would send out completely the wrong message.

if we can get him for 40k then absolutely there is no way I'd sell.

the rumour was that he was on 55k. you are saying he will take a pay cut...?

WTF there is no way that Delph is on anything like that. Where you get that crap from? He signed a new deal under Houllier in 2010. He had just come back from serious injury then and was still totally unproven at Prem level. In fact had hardly played. He would have been put on about 25-30k a week at most. The figure you have stated is pie in the sky nonsense.

Are you ITK then?

Here's a song from my Top Target to get us all in to the Party Spirit on this Transfer Deadline Day. No I don't mean Edcity is the top target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK1T4Z9c17M

If we're not going to sign Ronaldinho I would like to buy someone with dread locks instead, any one will do, even the bloke with dreads dancing in the narrow passage (behave) in this video. he looks quite mobile, on this Transfer Deadline Day.

Edited by 8pints

Â