Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I would say Carew's reputation is quite strong in Norway, after a little dip a few years ago when he obviously got the headlines for a few dodgy stunts. He went a bit over the top with Louis Vuitton shoulder bags and featured in crappy movies abroad, but after that surpassed he has given a quite good impression of himself. Easily the best striker out of Norway the last decades, even surpassing Solskjær in terms of importance to the setup and tactics in my opinion. He has made several smart investments over the years and now he is basically living the dream with money to spare for everything he wants to do, either if it's traveling the world or just playing golf here in Oslo. I met him on the golf course in the summer, and although I am not the guy to annoy him with taking pictures and stuff, we talked for a few seconds and he laughed when I told him to replace the injured Benteke. He was clearly not happy with what was going on at the Villa and he didn't have much faith in Lambert, although I doubt he stays in touch with anyone linked with what's going on at Villa Park. In interviews and on TV he strikes me as a very real and relatively humble person, never trying to be something he is not - unlike John Arne Riise who is a ginger phony who probably phones newspapers whenever he buys a new car or goes on vacation to get publicity (and then cries about it later when somebody's ridiculing him). Carew plays Taylor Made Lethal-golfballs by the way, I know since I saw his slice and showed him where his ball went  when he came looking for it in the deep stuff  :D

• Like 2

I still think the benefits of returning to the old system would far outway what we have at the moment but thats only my very own humble opinion.

I think something like a transfer deadline would make a lot of sense, there's no "window" and you can make transfer for the entire season up till maybe January of February. Allowing buys at the very end would get really sketchy

4.1 million? Can't we afford that? would be a shame if we lose him for that little

It's most likely down to what his wage demands will be...that's also why we won't sign Lescott, cuz West Ham are ready to spunk 90,000/week on him!

Don't know if it's mentioned here or on another thread by reported on SSN that defour in advanced talk with fulham.

Fulham have offered 4.1 million. Surely worth a punt at the price.

And the rest, Defour is owned by 3 parties. Unless thats divided by 3, meaning Porto are suddenly accepting below 2mill for him?

Bollocks.

Edited by VillaForever1970

I would say Carew's reputation is quite strong in Norway, after a little dip a few years ago when he obviously got the headlines for a few dodgy stunts. He went a bit over the top with Louis Vuitton shoulder bags and featured in crappy movies abroad, but after that surpassed he has given a quite good impression of himself. Easily the best striker out of Norway the last decades, even surpassing Solskjær in terms of importance to the setup and tactics in my opinion. He has made several smart investments over the years and now he is basically living the dream with money to spare for everything he wants to do, either if it's traveling the world or just playing golf here in Oslo. I met him on the golf course in the summer, and although I am not the guy to annoy him with taking pictures and stuff, we talked for a few seconds and he laughed when I told him to replace the injured Benteke. He was clearly not happy with what was going on at the Villa and he didn't have much faith in Lambert, although I doubt he stays in touch with anyone linked with what's going on at Villa Park. In interviews and on TV he strikes me as a very real and relatively humble person, never trying to be something he is not - unlike John Arne Riise who is a ginger phony who probably phones newspapers whenever he buys a new car or goes on vacation to get publicity (and then cries about it later when somebody's ridiculing him). Carew plays Taylor Made Lethal-golfballs by the way, I know since I saw his slice and showed him where his ball went  when he came looking for it in the deep stuff  :D

I agree with you but I still think he has a negative image for a lot of people these days, specially by the younger generation. How you look upon that is up to you but take OGS for example and the difference is quite significant, even before he started as a manager. Not only because he played for manu but as a player too. I think he is very much looked upon the same way as riise is, even though he is a bigger tit. 

Â