Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Glad to have him on board but if there is no option to buy it will be very disappointing.

Always look for the negatives lads; always look for the negatives.
Just do5nt want another Walker situation that's all. Relax.

Can we loan more players? Or is the 2 loans exclusive to the players coming from other premier league clubs?

my understanding is you can have 2 from the prem and 4 in total

he wont be another walker, chelsea will sign shaw

• Like 1

I'm glad that our 2 signings so far have been loanees. You'd like to think Lambert is saving his pot of money (no matter how small) for that elusive number 10.

And also the fact that there's very little value around in January.  Summer is the time to spend a decent amount - it all makes sense really.

obviously in the summer lambert will be looking for a permanent signing at lb which means luna will be rotation/backup and bennet will be gone shame really i would have never played him as a lb but a winger instead but he is still way too skinny for the prem

So Steve are you really saying that you can't see that Luna is simply not good enough ? Even Lambert has ?

More recognising that he needs to take the pressure off Luna as our main left back when he's clearly still adapting to the league, language and country. Good business from Lambert.

• Like 1

Bertrand is a good player, but not really a left-back.

Yeah he can play either LB or ML. Very good player. Murinhno doesn't rate him though, so might even get him for less.

Just adding, expect him to play ML not LB.

Was on loan at Norwich twice in quick succession (Just before Lambert took over) and was alternated between playing left back and left wing (Not in the same game I don't think but possibly)

So another one from Norwich, sort of, we'l be playing in yellow and green in no time :D

I really like Bertrand so I'm very excited about bringing him in.

Edited by 8pints

Ryan Bertrand is available for around 6 million. Wouldn't mind being in for him. Need a better LB

He's only £6m because he is English, rip off IMO.
Just hope we have an option on him. Great signing.

I agree that he is a great signing as teams constantly bombard that side of our defence.

I do still think £6m+ would be a rip off and it would only be such a figure because he is English, but if we can pick him up for say £4m tops on a decent wage I'd hope we can make that happen (should he perform as we hope)

I'm glad that our 2 signings so far have been loanees. You'd like to think Lambert is saving his pot of money (no matter how small) for that elusive number 10.

holt and bertrand may have been captured on irelands wages alone so in theory if we do actually have a tranfer kitty this jan it will be all going into this number 10 if so this one may be a late one if it happens you know how we like to drive a hard bargain.

So another one from Norwich, sort of, we'l be playing in yellow and green in no time

And I, for one, welcome our new Norwich overlords.  I'd like to remind them that as a trusted VT personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground mustard caves.
  • Like 4

Well we can't sign any more players on loan now, so whoever is next will be coming permanently. Fingers crossed for somebody decent further up the pitch.

lol us fans are like addicts only just signed bertrand and we are already lookink for our next hit. :P

Edited by powell91
  • Like 1

Â