Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

How the fook have we gone from £18m Bent to 6 month loan Holt in such a short space of time?

Completely different scenarios and not really comparable at all. Holt is not being signed as our marquee saviour.

If the club had any feel for the fans they probably would have kept this deal on the hush until they brought in someone to get the fans excited again.

Instead we just continue the uninspiring, dour mediocrity that we've become associated with.

Or maybe the club wrongly assumed that we had patience?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

I'd have preferred young and hungry Wells, but as we couln't compete with Huddersfield *shrugs shoulders*.

Can you show me where we bid for Wells and were subsequently out-muscled by Huddersfield?

Well, no granted, I don't have an email from Lerner confirming our interest to PM you, but as you also know, all the paper-talk was, we were interested in this chap. And he is young and up-and-comer, so he would fit in with what has been tried these last 18 month.

According to Kendrick there was no interest in Wells.

Saying with can't compete with Huddersfield is ridiculous, simply for the league we're in if nothing else.

It would seem our interest was passing at best, and did not result in a bid. I guess we couldn't compete with them for Joe Lolley either?

Ok. I am not here to pick an arguement with you and I dont remember having read anything about us being linked to Lolley.

Peace. Over and out.

That's the point. Being linked in the lazy press and Twitter does not constitute making a bid, and then being outbid by Huddersfield.

We didn't bid for Wells so how could we have lost out on him? We never bit for our Joe either, so the situations are both the same.

How the fook have we gone from £18m Bent to 6 month loan Holt in such a short space of time?

Bent was a first team superstar on a long contract.

Holt is a replacement for Benteke's understudy on a six month loan. Hardly the same scenario.

Did nobody hear Paul Faulkner's interview before the game

We just need to stick with it the good times are ahead

We will all be walking in memphis come the summer

Edited by AshVilla

Bent was a first team superstar on a long contract.

Holt is a replacement for Benteke's understudy on a six month loan. Hardly the same scenario.

Both signed in the January transfer window and with us in danger of a relegation battle. Say what you want about him being understudy but if Benteke gets injured this guy could, if he signs, be our centre forward.

Not a fan at all myself, I guess it could turn out to be a decent loan but I just don`t see it.

My biggest worry is what else is coming? If that is what is supposed to give the players a lift then I think you are pretty mistaken Lambert. As someone else have pointed out, this would have gone a lot better if he was the third we brought in. Really shows how limited our choices actually are in terms of spending. Very underwhelming and it looks very likely that we will see a picture tomorrow with holt holding a villa shirt. 

You'll find the answer to your question, in your question. Dig deep... :detect:
....I'll help you... It's because we spent millions of pounds on shit with high wages and got nowhere!! Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

I just think it is hilarious the way some people are telling others to calm down and wait and see what else comes before the end of January. How can we have faith in the club that just keeps on letting us down? In dire straits last Jan we got a £750k DM . We were crying out for an AM this Summer, Yet again we were disappointed so please forgive me for having no more faith in the club that has continuously let us down over the last few years. 

• Like 1

I just think it is hilarious the way some people are telling others to calm down and wait and see what else comes before the end of January. How can we have faith in the club that just keeps on letting us down? In dire straits last Jan we got a £750k DM . We were crying out for an AM this Summer, Yet again we were disappointed so please forgive me for having no more faith in the club that has continuously let us down over the last few years.

We were in dire straights and spent £750k and still had a really strong finish to the season and avoided relegation...

Did nobody hear Paul Faulkner's interview before the game

We just need to stick with it the good times are ahead

We will all be walking in memphis come the summer

What did he say?

Nothing worth listening too. We are progressing this season, 11th blah blah

All Faulkner is, is a middle management corporate bullshitter. Never a CEO of a massive football club.

I just think it is hilarious the way some people are telling others to calm down and wait and see what else comes before the end of January. How can we have faith in the club that just keeps on letting us down? In dire straits last Jan we got a £750k DM . We were crying out for an AM this Summer, Yet again we were disappointed so please forgive me for having no more faith in the club that has continuously let us down over the last few years. 

It's not about having faith, it's about being logical and patient. Window isn't over yet, let's just see what happens.

Also, I think our ability to bring in players is related more to the wage bill than it is to league position. Our wage bill is quite a bit lower now than it was this time last year, so maybe we'll spend a bit more this time around. No guarantees of course, but it's better to see things out rather than just throw a tantrum halfway through the window.

Â