Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Meltdown signing? We can't even afford Houlahan.

Who said that, or would you prefer us to spunk a load of money on him?

£750,000 for a Premier League standard player is a piss take, just as everyone here was laughing when Spurs bid £20m for Benteke. 

we should have bid 5 million and you be happy?

On a serious, non-trolling note, I can't believe we paid £12m for Milner less than 5 years ago. Now we're reportedly bidding less than £1m for Wes Hoolahan. 

:( what happened to us?

It was spending the likes of 12 million on players that has caused us to bid the likes of 750K now!

On a serious, non-trolling note, I can't believe we paid £12m for Milner less than 5 years ago. Now we're reportedly bidding less than £1m for Wes Hoolahan. 

We spent years and years paying massive money for and to average players. Milner was excellent for us, but he was one of very few value for money signings under MON. It only got worse under Houllier and McLeish. Lambert is the first manager we've had in years that can go out and spend money wisely, it's a shame we don't have more to give him!

It was spending the likes of 12 million on players that has caused us to bid the likes of 750K now!

Hardly, we sold him for double the money. That said, Stephen Ireland joined as well as £24m and he is the type of player who caused the rot. Of course hindsight is hindsight, none of us saw Ireland being such a flop. 

We also had our kits made by Nike, gave up our sponsorship space for charity, were deeply respected by the footballing community for our English pedigree, were oblivious to how much O'Neill was spunking left right and centre, had the fastest counter attack in the world, players we loved and weekends to look forward to.

But it's okay! We've got Bowery now!

That bloody stoke game! Held us back years that did

• Like 1

Is that fatty faulkner?? it does seem to be in maccas

BdeQPiSIEAA4RKE.jpg

money is tight, a happy meal is all we can offer these days ;-)

No it was not.  It was more spending £5m on R Dunne and paying him £65k pw.

Dunne was a steal at £5m. He was brilliant at the time.

I get your point, but I'd personally have opted for Warnock at £7.5m, Davies for £10m, Harewood at £4.5m, Sidwell for £5m, Reo-Coker for £8.5m, L Young for £5.5m, Beye for £2.5m, etttttcccccccc

Â