Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

What a disappointing career he had. Still in Russia, what the hell is he doing there

It's dissapointing in that he hasn't played in a more hyped up league, but he's won titles, earned a lot of money and regularly played in the Champions & Europa League.

Most players would call this a great career.

Off to Milan to replace Kaka now, still only 27 and playing in his second World Cup this summer, poor guy.

Realistically speaking.. id love us to sign Tom Rogic from Celtic. He is by far the most natural talent Australia has produced since Harry Kewell. Completely different player but his skills especially for his size is amazing. He floats past defenders. Available on loan.. possibly view to permanent. I think he would be awesome in the midfield three with Sylla and Delph.

Why do you think Celtic want to get rid ? Or just he doesn't have his chance there ?

I dont think they do. There were reports earlier suggesting they will even refuse him out on loan. Possibly just easing him into it as hes only 20-21 years old.

I think the Premier League would suit him immensely. He has speed, technical skill and strength. We could do alot (and we have in the past) for what we would pay for him.

If they want £10m for Hughes at Derby, then maybe that young lad at Dundee Utd might be a cheaper, and ultimately, better purchase.4 assists yday, and loks a very composed playere for his age.

Utd are apparently in for that lad so we can dream

Being realistic BJ, we have to attract players a la Ashley. CB, who we can maximise potential, cash in, buy he next one, and eventually get into an Everton/Spuds situation, where we can compete to get in the Chumps Lge.We need an attacking midfielder, we either loan a player like De Bruyne, or buy a good young up and coming like Hughes, or the young lad from Dundee Utd.

I'm not saying £1m for him wouldn't be a good deal. Although if he keeps playing as he is up until Jan then he will cost a fair bit more than that. He has some nice tidy touches in that game without looking outstanding. In an ideal world, you'd throw some money at him and take a chance. He might turn out to be a steal or he might not be up to it. Remember, it's hard to judge some young players in Scotland. But if you are asking me will Villa bid for him in Jan then my guess would be no.

What sort of a Attacking mid do you think we will be looking at? One in the Tonev price range and from a "lesser" league?

Is it an ongoing deficit reduction policy then HH, with limited funds in Jan?

Still think a £1m pound for him would be a good deal though.

I agree. If we're going to adopt this young and hungry policy then we also have to look for the future as well as the now. £1m for someone his age making an impact at first team football level must be worth looking at ?

That story is so misleading. Yes we couldn't do Lukaku because of wages, but we also still had players such as Hutton, Bent, Given, Ireland, etc. making loads and not even playing. So to say at a very basic level that we can't compete financially with West Brom, well that is nonsense. 

• Like 2

You make a good point LockStockVilla. Who is to say this will be the case in a years time when all of the big-earners are away (Nzogbia is currently the highest now) But bottom line is they could go out and sign a player that Lambert couldn't. And right now Steve Clarke probably has more to work with than Lambert. In fact, he will have - no question. I mentioned on here months ago maybe even last season that he'd tried to get Lukaku and couldn't match what West Brom were offering.

They won't all be gone in a year. Given nzogbia and even bent have contracts that last past next year. Huttons contract also runs till 2015

I read it .. Nothing supports whats Lambert saying anyway !! I think  it's just smartness from him .. It might also make other teams thinks we don't have money and could sell us with good prices ..

First of all , he only mentioned West Brom out paid us with Lukaku (I read it on hurry though) .. But not out paid us in the whole thing ..

Last year we paid more than 16m which I think it's more than what West Brom paid .. But we had to change a whole squad so we've seperated it between players ..

Secondly , We had the better deal with Benteke .. No one could say West Brom paid more than 2m for Lukaku wages + loan fee .. While we paid more than 5m + 1m for wages atleast for Benteke .. How on earth we didn't match them ?! It's a case of we didn't match them in the Lukaku deal .. Which was better for us as we have Benteke ..

Thirdly .. Even if we consider that West Brom are paying more than us , They didn't pay Lukaku more than 60k a week .. While we paid it to Benteke and improved most our players contracts ..

Fourthly .. I don't get the whole "Lack of spending" fear .. Although I'll start to fear it if we took the next step and everything was balanced and we had the chance to go back to top 4 or atleast top 6 ..

I'm sure I read somewhere that Dundee want £5m for Ryan Gauld. I can't see Lambert paying that kind of money for a 17 yr old.

Make that £6 million now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-target-ryan-gauld-2848312?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Watching the highlights from the game he played against Patrick Thistle, looks very, very impressive, and only 17 too.

Linked with Liverpool, United and Madrid, so doubt we'd have much chance now.

Â