BT to have exclusive CL rights from 2015

Nabby

Where is all this money coming from by BT? Huge investment, amazed Sky have lost out. You  might complain about ITV coverage but it is free to air. I dont really care about punditry as all they stick a camera on the pitch most channels are the same. ITV have no football coverage now, is that correct? Lost the FA games to BBC last year and now this. Personally I think this is a own goal. I always think a mix between terrestial and paid channels for events is the best way to maximise coverage and accesibility to all. If you are a floating fan watch the free to air. If you want more, pay for it. This deal does not offer that.

so if the winners now get somewhere between £80-100m in prize money, and the group stage teams get around £40m, based on a tv deal with sky/ITV that was £400m, what does a £1bn tv deal do to the prize money?

its about to get dafter by the sound of it

it'll be interesting to see what BT do with the coverage, cos IMO skys is generally very good, I like the red button and the ability to pick games with 2 foreign teams and have the blue button for the goal flash

wouldn't be happy if BT went with an even more PL-centric coverage, would rather they focused on covering the best game that week, that's what was good about ITV and their awful coverage, give them a utd game I have no intention of watching every week

I'd assume it will be the games Sky get, I'm sure there is some sort of ruling with the CL and terrestrial like there is with the World Cup, Internationals and the FA Cup.

I enjoy watching the likes of Dortmund and Ajax in European competition and I couldn't care less about English teams, BT are really trying to throw their weight around though.

EDIT:

After reading up, it seems they've gone all out and bought ALL of the rights, so no more CL on Sky OR ITV.

Incredible!

Edited by samjp26

Since 1992 football has been on a life support machine, this might result in a lot of fans deciding to pull the plug.

Â