Weather...

Dodgyknees

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

We got married on the beach in the Caribbean, pretty much guaranteed good weather and far cheaper than here. Also easier to limit it to be people we actually wanted there. We had a party when we got for everyone else. 

I went barbados 1st time thia march and i absolutely loved it. I definitely am intending to go back

As for weather so much for the hotter summers that they were telling us last year. 

Today was supposed to be "much" nicer than yesterday. 

It's currently absolutely lashing is down. If future wars are going to be fought over access to water we're going to be a global superpower alright. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I am complaining, especially with what other people around the world are having to endure, but summer in the UK just hasn’t happened this year. It’s been a combination of spring and autumn but no actual summer. 

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not that I am complaining, especially with what other people around the world are having to endure, but summer in the UK just hasn’t happened this year. It’s been a combination of spring and autumn but no actual summer. 

Sweltering in China, you don't know how good that sounds. Tempts me to spend next summer back in the UK.

With so many places unbearably hot in the summer now, I can imagine that places with cooler summers will be big tourist destinations in a few years. People won't keep visiting the old tourist destinations when it's too hot to leave the hotel before 10 PM each night. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

British summer time. 

Of the three months June, July and August, one will be sunny and hot, one will be dull and boring, and one will be dominated by torrential rain. Could be in any sequence. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Get the cushions in the shed quick 

Already in. In fact just last night I was doing manly stuff with an actual saw because I noticed some struts I'd fitted to keep cushions off the floor were sagging so some reinforcement was needed. 

i-am-all-that-is-man-manly.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't remember it ever being this unstable early in August where we're at. What's up with 28 degrees one minute, 16 degrees the next and hail\fog\rain like someone's turned on the tropical shower?! 

For the first time in our garden we've had hail punch holes through the courgette leaves..

I mean, I'm no scientist, or science expert, but we can put people into space, give them somewhere to live up there, we can collide and split atoms and other particles, and we can save people with medicinal technology. So, we're quite cool as a species with engineering and stuff. Right, okay. So, why can't we build a big tube and point it at the sky, so when we have a build up of dark grey clouds we can just blow them away. Maybe a day or two of rain but a whole summer? Sod that, blow the bloody clouds away and we can be warm rather than wet. Surely that's not beyond reason?

• Like 1

2023 - the year that we didn't have a summer. 

I'm currently having a smoke on the back door step, it's pissing with rain and the wind has whipped right up. I'm wearing a hoodie, our Garden furniture is covered up, it's August ffs, I should be sat in just my pants, sweating my balls off. 

Unreal. 

Â