Randy's 12 Month No Show ?

smetrov

Just because he doesn't come on the pitch in a cheerleader's outfit before a game, it doesn't mean that he doesn't make the games that his new family arrangements allow. Whether he is at a game or not is largely irrelevant - it's whether he's managing to do the things that we need him do be doing correctly that matters.

I suspect he's thrown money at something he didn't have a life long love for, as a bit of fun, failed to get the success he hoped for and realised it's not as fun as he thought, and the 'want' to continue with it has diminished somewhat. But having lost so much money, he's aware he needs to remain interested to get his money back, which he'll do, and then sell up to someone else in the throws of a mid-life crisis for it to circle around again. 

• Like 3

I am a supporter of Lerner on the basis that there are worse owners out there, but it is a misjudgement to not be at the ground for some matches at least.

If he can turn up at the training ground, he can certainly turn up for the match.

It looks bad, and if the team begin to do well, perhaps even reaching semis or finals of cups, and he then turns up, it wil look even worse.

I assume he still has his own jet, it cannot be that big a problem to turn up occasionally.

• Like 1

I am in complete agreement with Randy on this one. I couldn't really care less if he turns up to the games or not either.

It's not  like he's inspirational to the team or anything??

No but turning up once or twice a year would atleast give the impression that he gives a damn. If he wont turn up for a year to watch his budget side then why should he expect thousands of others too?

He still gets to more games than Carson Yeung does!

I wonder if he has become a little concerned about the reception he might get now his investment in the playing side has all but dried up and the team has fallen from the top 6 which it had become familiar with and given trips to Wembley have become memories rather than expectations?

I would like to see him play a more active role at the club and come to the odd game although he has never been one to say much to the press or to the fans. His absence is a pity given how often he used to be seen at Villa Park and it brings to question how he now views the investment he made and the football club he still has control of.     

I am a supporter of Lerner on the basis that there are worse owners out there, but it is a misjudgement to not be at the ground for some matches at least.

If he can turn up at the training ground, he can certainly turn up for the match.

It looks bad, and if the team begin to do well, perhaps even reaching semis or finals of cups, and he then turns up, it wil look even worse.

I assume he still has his own jet, it cannot be that big a problem to turn up occasionally.

Hate that agrument of there being worse owners out there!! It's a bit like you saying you have clamydia which isn't as bad as gonnehrea?? I don't want either!!! The other agrument out there would be that for every bad owner there is a good owner, unfortunately IMO Lerner is not either.

He is Mr Mediocre!

Personally couldn't care less that he doesn't turn up.  I'm more interested in how the team performs on the pitch than looking for people in the crowd off it

It's the running of the club that I care about and to be honest him being at a match or not  does not largely affect that.  Does the fact that Ellis is at most games make people think he is super?  Not really

Besides with Lerner there are other far more reasonable sticks to beat him with than the better fan card

Lerner is better than Doug Ellis, not according to results one could argue, but if the latter had stayed on we would have been buried in the Championship alongside Leicester and Coventry a long time ago

That was Doug at his senile, sickend worst.  That's what Lerner is currently struggle to be better than.

Lerner has invested a lot of money in Villa and he has gotten nothing back.

lets see how he ends up before we all pity the billionnaire.

He could have stuck his cash in a cluster of other investments and he would have made a lot more from it. He could have put it in the bank, invested in bonds, purchased companies in totally different sectors or invested in real estate. The last thing his financial advisors at Goldman Sachs would have said were "buy an unfashionable football club in Birmingham!".

Exactly, no one forced him to buy the club.  But he did and now we're stuck with him.  Now we have the target of mid table glory to look forward to until we're lucky enough to see him gone.

but he has not stopped cash injections when we need it the most

utter rubbish.  Last season and the season before when we were in awful form and looking like serious relegation candidates he barely provided any funds to both Mcleish and Lambert during the January transfer window.

but then came Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal and all the others and we couldn't even dream of reaching the Champions League

You make it sound like none of those clubs were known.  Before the big takeover man city were still spending huge amounts of money.

It's not a given right for a club like ours to have the richest owner

You seem to think the only problem we have with Lerner is that he isn't rich. 

but he is fair and he doesn't make irrational decisions all the time. The last thing I would have wanted is a guy that makes a spectacle and acts before he has done his due diligence in a proper manor

Again just rubbish.  He allowed the wages to spiral completely out of control and then decided to waste more money hiring a past it manager with heart problems and then making probably the worst managerial appointment any club in premiership history has made.

If Lerner has indeed lost his interest and is looking to sell this club (I wouldn't hold anything against him!), then I am sure he is biding his time and using his sources to find the right buyer. He could probably sell to another half-rich sheik or steel tycoon, but would that do any good to our club if that person offered just the same amount of money but more interference to our daily proceedings? In that way Lerner does care about the people who support Villa [\quote]

That's one massive Lerner loving assumption.

I would much rather be 10th - 15th in the Premier League than 17th in League 1 like Coventry.

That's the big finish?  That's your argument for defending Lerner summed up?

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

Â