Guild of Real Ale Drinkers & Enthusiasts (GRADE)

StigVillan

I'm a very big fan of real ales and I'd like to set up a thread for myself and others to share our passion for the tastiest real ales we can find...

If this has got legs, hopefully I'll post my general findings by tonight.

There's quite a list...

Anytime i'm in the Uk or I'm rich enough to make it to the off licence I buy ale ....had some serious ale and local cider in the cotswolds last year and in london the year before..Its good to see craft ale and stout taking off here in Ireland in a big way 

Very impressed with the reaction to this thread thus far. Hopefully we can maintain a well rounded and up to date collection of gems we unearth.

Also impressed and humbled with the overall welcome here as a new member. My wife has always commented on what her home turf was like for friendly folks and I admit I was worried it wouldn't be the same as the north east. But if you are an example of the general welcome I'll get when I come down, I'm bloody well delighted. Can't wait.

• Like 1

I've always been a lager lager lager drinker but I got some Bath Ales as a gift recently and they were surprisingly nice. 

Had a few different pints in pubs and enjoyed most although one stank of lavender and tasted of burnt flowers. Can never remember the names of them. I need a wee pocket book to record my drunken opinions.

Include me in. I've loved good draught ale since my teens (during the horrors of keg dominance in the late 60s/early 70s, when hand pulled beer almost became extinct). 

CAMRA did a great job in flying the flag. 

Stuff of life. 

Go to the Black Country beer festival every yr. Pale ales or stout are my main choice.

Went to the Windsor and castle in Lye the other week which is Sadlers brewery. The Worcester sorcerer is nice

Edited by mikeyp102

Â