Guild of Real Ale Drinkers & Enthusiasts (GRADE)

StigVillan

mjmooney, on 14 Oct 2013 - 3:20 PM, said:mjmooney, on 14 Oct 2013 - 3:20 PM, said:

God, you'd think Tony was an American, trotting out the "warm, flat, beer" cliche.

Beer which has natural effervescence (rather than injected CO2), and which is served at cool cellar temperature (rather than chilled to within an inch of its life) allows you to taste it.

You may not like the taste, but that's a different matter.

we'll at least you didn't call me French :)

it is the taste I don't like as much as anything   .. warm , flat etc  I just thought would be appropriate given my surroundings :)

Edited by tonyh29

I guess I'm just being ignorant, but I've never really enjoyed any alcoholic beverage for the taste, I drink to get pissed. 

So when I go the bar, I order a pint of the cheapest lager they have.

*awaits abuse*

Sometimes I think I'm a boring get for the way I often peruse the wares for so long... I get that impression from the barmaid who taps her foot anyway.

But yeah, sometimes you just need to get a pin that will do what it says on the tin.

I guess I'm just being ignorant, but I've never really enjoyed any alcoholic beverage for the taste, I drink to get pissed. 

So when I go the bar, I order a pint of the cheapest lager they have.

*awaits abuse*

You monster. Get out of this thread and take your Carling with you! 

• Like 2

I prefer bottles of beer. I can't drink a pint of a lager without a top. 

/awaits death threats

must say that im a lager drinker and I myself drink bottles a lot of the time because most of the pubs I go serve shit pints, but when I drink in Lichfield I drink pints because I find you get a really nice pint their, not into real ales at all, used to be mad on the spirits but had to cut that out

Batemans brewery in Wainfleet, Lincolnshire have a yearly beer fayre.  I went a few years back now and they run a little taster session where you can score several varieties from mainly small independent breweries from across England. Some of the beers were above 11%, the taste tests were irrelevant by the end of the night, I was smashed. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to have a pint of everything and been a bit more selective

I prefer bottles of beer. I can't drink a pint of a lager without a top. 

/awaits death threats

must say that im a lager drinker and I myself drink bottles a lot of the time because most of the pubs I go serve shit pints, but when I drink in Lichfield I drink pints because I find you get a really nice pint their, not into real ales at all, used to be mad on the spirits but had to cut that out

God where do you drink!?

I'm very lucky to live in a town that has more than it's share of fine real ale boozers, the pick of which was recently voted the best real ale pub in the North East: http://www.quakerhouse.co.uk/

I get to try a wide variety of different fine ales, from all over the country, every week. The North East is also blessed with some fine breweries, including Captain Cooks, Wylam, Mordue, Durham, Northumbria, Jarrow etc. I like to drink either the light coloured golden ales, or the stouts and porters best, but to be honest I'll try a pint of almost any real ale. With out a doubt though my favourite is this particular drop of loveliness:

rivet.jpg?noCache=1381776696

Â