World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

"Some catching up to do, but that's minor" :D :D :D 

Oh right, so now we’re misquoting are we?

chopping of bits of sentences are we?

Putting on laughing emojis to ridicule someone after doctoring their quotes are we?

Just now, Thug said:

Oh right, so now we’re misquoting are we?

chopping of bits of sentences are we?

Putting on laughing emojis to ridicule someone after doctoring their quotes are we?

I think you'll find I quoted your post exactly as it was typed out pal :D 

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

**** it, if they're this expanded you might as well just do a 32 team Euros (Vatican City might qualify one day!) and 64 team WC.

there are 55 UEFA members, so more than half qualify. so let's say it's everyone currently in Division A&B in the nations league.

That's just ridiculous. Not a slight at you btw, because I can imagine there's already someone preparing this idea 'because it would unite even more countries'

16 at EC, 32 at WC is enough imo.

Just now, AXD said:

there are 55 UEFA members, so more than half qualify. so let's say it's everyone currently in Division A&B in the nations league.

That's just ridiculous. Not a slight at you btw, because I can imagine there's already someone preparing this idea 'because it would unite even more countries'

16 at EC, 32 at WC is enough imo.

Oh it is enough, it's the ideal amount. But that ship has sailed, and it's never coming back.

So yeah, I'd rather an extra expanded version than some nonsensical group formats basically. The group stages would be ridiculous absolutely, but possibly hilarious followed some seriously good, long knockout rounds.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think you'll find I quoted your post exactly as it was typed out pal :D 

‘ don’t like gay people being persecuted’

Bobzy’s way of quoting:

’I don’t like gay people’

and claims he quoted someone exactly as it was typed out.  

yeah, nice one.  ‘Pal.’

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

I think you’ll find you missed out the part ‘compared to…’

a]  That isn't misquoting - I've quite literally quoted your post and even have the original post, quoted.

b]  It's interesting that you think a law making it illegal to simply exist is "minor" compared to **** anything :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not gonna lie but **** hell that's too many games.  4 gamss a day alone is excessive. I love my football but even i been skipping some games as its just too much. So god knows how they gonna make this work.

More fans as well so how are smaller countries going to accommodate all the fans 

Nothing wrong with current format of 32 teams

yeah it's shit. Individual teams will play the same amount of games, i.e. to win the tournament it's the same amount of games as it is now. One less group game and one extra knockout.

But overall there will obviously be loads more games. 

It'll just mean complete indifference for the group stage. Nobody will care

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

yeah it's shit. Individual teams will play the same amount of games, i.e. to win the tournament it's the same amount of games as it is now. One less group game and one extra knockout.

But overall there will obviously be loads more games. 

It'll just mean complete indifference for the group stage. Nobody will care

Everyone will still watch it.  Just like now.  Because football.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I honestly think less people will. Obviously there will still  be huge audiences.

But I think the more matches we get, the less people are going to tune into games like Burkina Faso vs Latvia

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I honestly think less people will. Obviously there will still  be huge audiences.

But I think the more matches we get, the less people are going to tune into games like Burkina Faso vs Latvia

It won't be that, though.  It'll be 'guaranteeing' the 'better' teams go through.

You won't have Groups of Death anymore.  It'll be one good team, one decent team and one poor team.  Spain and Germany in the same group?  NOPE.  Spain, Mexico and Latvia.  Yeah, sure.

And people will watch Spain vs Latvia.  Because football.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

It won't be that, though.  It'll be 'guaranteeing' the 'better' teams go through.

You won't have Groups of Death anymore.  It'll be one good team, one decent team and one poor team.  Spain and Germany in the same group?  NOPE.  Spain, Mexico and Latvia.  Yeah, sure.

I know i was being facetious. 

People will still watch, I doubt as many people will watch those group games though

40 minutes ago, Thug said:

Thank you.  You just proved my point about western brainwashing.  

700+ detainees were released without charge after over a decade of illegal imprisonment. This means they were NOT terrorists.

They were held based on no evidence, tortured, and released with no charges after YEARS of imprisonment.

Did YOU just compare gay people allegedly not being able to attend a football game to someone being imprisoned and tortured for no reason?

Whataboutism - there it is.  Was waiting for this. The world that is immediately reached for by people wanting to criticise others and not wishing to be criticised themselves.   The tool of the prejudiced to hide their prejudice behind.

‘Stop eating the cookies steve.’

‘But Dave, Ralph and John are eating cookies, and you’re handing them out!’

’Whataboutism.  We’re not talking about them, we’re talking about you!’

’So you gonna stop them?’

’you’re a whataboutist.’

’well, are you?’

’Total whataboutery.’

At what point did I say that bring a woman or being gay is the same as smoking weed or being a prostitute?  Do YOU need explaining what is meant by having laws that other countries may find backwards?  Not comparing.

The guy in a thread about Qatar talking about Germany, Holland and USA thinking it’s mean to call him out on it. How ironic.

Getting the George Galloway vibes when one mentions ‘western brainwashing’ in a thread where one spends time defending a dictatorial regime because ‘others are mean too!!!!1’

Edited by magnkarl

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nah it won't be like that at all!

There will only be one European team per group 😋

Spain, Mexico, and Laos.

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are they though? I know alot of people who like me are skipping games because its too many games. 4 a day x7  thats 28 games a week. Too much.

The only upside is that i might get more chance of seeing cyprus qualifying for once 😂

Â