World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Right, as I say, I don't think it'll matter. Even if we lose, it won't really be because they were 'fired up', it'll be because we didn't handle the occasion or a determined defensive setup skilfully enough.

but Southgate will be proud of the opposition

World Cup excuse bingo:

Fixture list (despite the FA helping their favs)

Heat

Young lads gave it their all but couldn't compute my tactical genius megamind

Defensive teams (the irony)

Mentality

Luck of the draw

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

World Cup excuse bingo:

Heat

Mentality

Luck of the draw

You've missed off the obvious "time of year" and "didn't enjoy the hotel / were bored / had nothing to do" 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

And if England wins it will be the best WC ever and anyone who brings up any issues will be a sore loser and f off because it's coming home :D 

Forget that... It will be in spite of him 😜

And England too have benefitted from a 12th man feel good factor, the Russia wc in particular was a cracking summer in the beer gardens, last year Post corona with everything opening up was special for different reasons... How that translates to drinking in November... 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

I mean, I can only speak for me and the few Wales fans I know but the biggest games will be the ones we don’t usually get to play. England will be the least anticipated, and even then not because it’s England. It would be the same if it was Portugal or Poland or Austria.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

World Cup excuse bingo:

Heat

Mentality

Luck of the draw

Grealish doesnt understand the system so was no point putting him on to break down 9 man Iran 

14 hours ago, sne said:

7 years in prison for premarital sex will apply to visiting fans during the WC, no exceptions.

Unless you are super rich of course.

Will they just issue a questionnaire or are they going through people’s old facebook posts?

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Will they just issue a questionnaire or are they going through people’s old facebook posts?

It’s quite common to have to show proof of marriage if you want to book a hotel room with a member of the opposite sex. I don’t know how closely they monitor people being snuck in / out of rooms but if a cleaner were to find a condom or something like that I suspect you might have a problem on your hands. 

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s quite common to have to show proof of marriage if you want to book a hotel room with a member of the opposite sex. I don’t know how closely they monitor people being snuck in / out of rooms but if a cleaner were to find a condom or something like that I suspect you might have a problem on your hands. 

To be fair so would the cleaner 😬 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Surely they haven't criminalised a posh rocket polish. 

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Certain England players and others better be careful as Qatar will lock adulterers up for a maximum of 7 years. 

I'm sure the various FA delegate members will have ways around this when they go for their knees up 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Certain England players and others better be careful as Qatar will lock adulterers up for a maximum of 7 years. 

The religious police will be on a religious holiday while the world cup is on. Their Lamborghini's will be parked up for the month. 

Edited by villa89

It's mental that they even considered hosting a world cup in Qatar.

Aside from the complete impracticalities of the temperature and environment, the lack of infrastructure,  the track record of migrant workers being subjected to abuse and slavery, and the non existent footballing ability of the hosts....

Aside from all that,  you are also expecting everyone of a global fan base, to adopt extremely outdated, arguably human rights restricting, local customs to watch or participate in the event.

If it wasn't FIFA, I'd question how it even got beyond the submission stage, let alone shortlisted and then selected. Money has a lot to answer for for the shitshow of a world cup we're going to end up with. 

Edited by MrBlack

20 hours ago, LondonLax said:

if a cleaner were to find a condom or something like that I suspect you might have a problem on your hands. 

I thought the whole point of a condom is to not have a problem on your hands?

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

It's mental that they even considered hosting a world cup in Qatar.

Aside from the complete impracticalities of the temperature and environment, the lack of infrastructure,  the track record of migrant workers being subjected to abuse and slavery, and the non existent footballing ability of the hosts....

Aside from all that,  you are also expecting everyone of a global fan base, to adopt extremely outdated, arguably human rights restricting, local customs to watch or participate in the event.

If it wasn't FIFA, I'd question how it even got beyond the submission stage, let alone shortlisted and then selected. Money has a lot to answer for for the shitshow of a world cup we're going to end up with. 

Having a world cup in Qatar is like holding the FA cup final at St Andrews

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â