Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Guzan certainly doesn't have many quiet days - the amount of shots that are coming in at him!

We should sell him and get the highest amount possible whilst he's playing well!

Randy you can't run a club like that!

Kicked the ball out of play 3 times in a row on a goal kick last night in the second half

Whether this is down to the manager's tactics, Hutton's positioning, Guzan's kicking or some combination of the three, that's unacceptable. 

I actually think his distribution has been shocking this year, not sure what's gone on as he was always decent.

Has to be a tactical thing, he's always running around trying to calm people down yet he's smashing the ball long on too many occasions.

It was really poor last night. I only saw the last 20 minutes or so of the game, but pretty much every kick he made went out for a throw. THe players were visibly annoyed by it!

Still don't think he gets enough options to go short though.

It was really poor last night. I only saw the last 20 minutes or so of the game, but pretty much every kick he made went out for a throw. THe players were visibly annoyed by it!

Still don't think he gets enough options to go short though.

Thought that was only after his injury to be honest - don't think he's getting into Mignolet territory with it.. It's funny the way he does a big kid's strop when he kicks it out of play - the strop is all part of the kicking process.

He was so quick off his line to clear the danger on that Campbell chance, I'm not sure I've ever seen him dart out of his area like that. Very commanding.

But his pass completion rate was 34%. Now look, I don't expect him to be Manuel Neuer or anything. But for comparison's sake, Speroni's completion rate was 52%. I expect Guzan to at least hit those numbers. Of his 34 passes, 33 of them were long balls. It ain't working.

I won't blame him for anything that happened after he got clattered by Campbell, but as you say, long ball from the back is one of our problems and Guzan's distribution isn't helping. It may be that it's not all, or even mostly, his fault, but the problem clearly exists. 

"Any" other might be a stretch. I think I'd take Mr Courtois ;)

But I get your point. If Brad left tomorrow I think we'd seriously struggle to replace him with a keeper of equal quality given the money we'd have (or lack of it) and the calibre we can attract

"Any" other might be a stretch. I think I'd take Mr Courtois ;)

But I get your point. If Brad left tomorrow I think we'd seriously struggle to replace him with a keeper of equal quality given the money we'd have (or lack of it) and the calibre we can attract

maybe but Courtois looks like a robot, Brad celebrates looks like he has won the lotto after every albeit rare victory 

Looked a bit dodgy on the highlights for once, spilled a couple of balls. Still a clean sheet which has been coming the last few weeks.

according to both Alan Smith and Matt Murray he was wonderful and if wasnt for him it would have been a certain defeat

probably was his worse game for us. He was so dodgy. Says a lot about him though as one of his worst games was a clean sheet. 

Great player and becoming a great leader. Hopefully he can dust that one off. 

As a keeper myself, I've got to say I've got sympathy for Guzan on the goal. It is very difficult to anticipate deflections and change your momentum from when a player has struck the ball originally. Of course it's easy to watch the slow-motion replay and think that he could've stopped it dead or put it around the post, but the initial reaction at first is to just stop it beating you.

Other than that I thought he played well, came for what he needed to, and was even playing more short balls to feet in the first half.

• Like 1

Â