Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shillzz

Why would you have Lowton back ahead of Bacuna?

Because I believe he's the best right back at the club and a game against Man Citeh might motivate him to re-find his form. That's all.

A midfield of Delph, Bacuna and Sylla maybe? Won't happen I know.

Not that I'm against that idea, but KEA's substitution against Spurs would suggest that he is almost certainly in line for a call up.

If Westwood's fit, then I'd be surprised if it wasn't Delph, Westwood & KEA in the middle of the park.

Not looking forward to this game one bit. I fear our 4th straight home defeat of the season and things will be looking pretty glum if it happens.

we beat Rotherham after Liverpool game. If include Spurs game you have to include Rotherham game ;)

Fair point.

Just hope we can somehow nick a draw out of this.

A home record of played 3 lost 3 in the league would make us relegation candidates in my book.

I'd go to a MON style 4-5-1 here I think. Actually exactly the same as the current standard 4-3-3 but pull the wide forwards back more to help the full backs.

There's giving in and parking the bus, and there's being pragmatic and tactical.

home.png
Guzan

home.png
Bacuna
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Clark
home.png
Bennett

home.png
KEA

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph
home.png
Agbonlahor

home.png
Kozak
Edited by limpid
  • Like 1

I'd go to a MON style 4-5-1 here I think. Actually exactly the same as the current standard 4-3-3 but pull the wide forwards back more to help the full backs.

There's giving in and parking the bus, and there's being pragmatic and tactical.

home.png
Guzan

home.png
Bacuna
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Clark
home.png
Bennett

home.png
KEA

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph
home.png
Agbonlahor

home.png
Kozak

This all day long for me.

Interesting that you've picked Bennet ahead of Luna - I think I'd be tempted to do similar, though it is a risk.

Think it will be a loss, but don't think it'll be one-sided as you lot think. City will inevitebly make some changes with the game they have coming up on Wednesday. Think we will try and press them higher up the pitch, we need to get VP on side.

Also Luna will know of Navas from Sevilla days so may be a better bet at Lb.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Sadly they don't have Man-kini anymore. This is a better City. Yes it's arguably a better Villa too but we're still incapable of playing at home and this is a very aggressive City side. I fear a thumping too.

but they have champions league midweek and drew with Stoke last pre-CL game and rested Aguero, Navas and had Kompany out. If was to rest all 3 again I think we have a chance.

they also struggled against Stoke, Hull, Cardiff and Plzen so they arent as fluid yet as they can be. 

but they have champions league midweek and drew with Stoke last pre-CL game and rested Aguero, Navas and had Kompany out. If was to rest all 3 again I think we have a chance.

they also struggled against Stoke, Hull, Cardiff and Plzen so they arent as fluid yet as they can be. 

Indeed.

They're a bit like custard, fluid when at their best but solid when put under serious pressure.

Westwood sits this one out, so it should be Sylla or Bacuna coming in to midfield to replace him.

Or he plays 2 in the middle.

I sincerely hope not, but yes that's certainly an option, and the sort of one I can see Lambert taking.

Westwood sits this one out, so it should be Sylla or Bacuna coming in to midfield to replace him.

Or he plays 2 in the middle.

I sincerely hope not, but yes that's certainly an option, and the sort of one I can see Lambert taking.

Agreed he needs to play 3 in the middle for this game. Sylla, KEA and Delph.