Libor Kozák

samjp26

It was a bad break by all accounts, night not have him ready to start come august but I'd expect him to make the bench within the first few games.

Whatever some think of him, he's shown a knack for scoring so he'll be important this season

• Like 4

It was a bad break by all accounts, night not have him ready to start come august but I'd expect him to make the bench within the first few games.

Whatever some think of him, he's shown a knack for scoring so he'll be important this season

His goals per game ratio was decent considering he was new to the premier league.

His goals per game ratio was decent considering he was new to the premier league.

He seems pretty passionate too.

I think it was stoke away he ran straight into the away fans end. 

He seems pretty passionate too.

I think it was stoke away he ran straight into the away fans end. 

Southampton, he went mental when he scored and ran straight into the crowd.

He was then almost immediately substituted.

Anyone know how far this guy is from being fit again? I thought he was looking quite good in his brief appearances last season

This was the view at the end of March:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/libor-kozak-could-return-time-6882137

Libor Kozak could return in time for Villa pre-season

Striker finally off crutches as he continues recovery from broken leg while Paul Lambert not ruling out return for Jores Okore this season

Libor Kozak is winning his fitness race to return from a broken leg in time for Aston Villa’s pre-season programme in July.

Kozak has been out of action since sustaining the severe injury to his right leg in an accidental training ground collision with Ciaran Clark at the start of January.

The 24-year-old striker underwent surgery a day after suffering the break and is finally off crutches as he prepares to step up his rehabilitation.

Kozak, who signed from Lazio for a reported £6 million last summer, had scored four goals in nine starts and six substitute appearances for Villa before injury knocked him out of his stride.

With the targetman out for the rest of the season, Villa recruited Grant Holt on loan from Wigan to provide cover for Christian Benteke up front with Nicklas Helenius out of favour.

But if Kozak continues to recover at his current rate, manager Paul Lambert expects to welcome back the 6ft 4in striker when the players return for training following their summer breaks.

“He’s doing great,” said Lambert.

“That’s him off the crutches now. I think he’s in a much happier place within himself now as well.

“The thing with Kozak is he’s a top boy so you know that with his rehabilitation he’ll knuckle down.

‘‘He’ll not cut any corners. He’ll have good days and bad days because of the mental stress of it but he will do his utmost to get fit.

“He’s on course. We’re hoping that pre season he’ll not be too far away. Libor is definitely doing well.

“He was down when the whole thing happened and for a few weeks after that.

“But I saw him the other day and we were having a chat. I think coming off the crutches will be a major step considering the amount of time he’s been on them.”

Edited by briny_ear

He will be like a new signing. :)

I've not made my mind up on him yet but I thought he did okay when he played.

I think a lot of the negativity towards him was the rest of people's views on Lambert and his decision to spend on a striker rather than a number 10.

I hope he is for for the start of the season and can have an impact.

• Like 1

I don't mind him as a player. I also think for 4m he's a decent buy. The only thing I dislike about him (which isn't his fault) is that you know when he is playing we are going route one, but Kozak doesn't seem to be able to play that way. But then again that's more of an issue with Lambert then Kozak. 

He will be like a new signing. :)

I've not made my mind up on him yet but I thought he did okay when he played.

I think a lot of the negativity towards him was the rest of people's views on Lambert and his decision to spend on a striker rather than a number 10.

I hope he is for for the start of the season and can have an impact.

The thing is, look at Benteke when he first came and then the same for Kozak. Both had limited impact with their first 10-15 starts - but I would guess Kozak scored more goals? I think if he hadn't have been injured, he'd have finished on 10-12 (imho). A useful player.

Or the players.

I doubt Lambert instructs them to go direct, it is more a consequence of our lack of composure at the back, lack of creation in midfield and the fact there is a big guy up there.

But isn't this a consequence of poor training and match preparation?

I think our players are limited, but I'm sure they can pass and move the ball better then they currently do. Worse teams than ours play better football. 

Â