Libor Kozák

samjp26

This demonstrates why Lamberts job here is so tough. Martinez spent more on 29 year old aroune Kone at everton and he can't even get on the pitch. However, because he has more money and inherited a better squad, no one cares about the waste of money. Lambert buys a striker that clearly has some qualities, has contributed to the team and may be worth the money, but because lambert has so little to spend compared to what's required each decision has to be spot on, and will be analyzed be everyone.

Probably got something to do with Lukaku.

Probably more to do with the fact he has done his knee ligaments.

So far he looks limited and is just another Peter Crouch but I think its very harsh to judge him given the appalling service he gets. We rarely if ever get any crosses in from good areas and most of his service is just aimless balls hoofed at him from the halfway line. The £7m definitely would have been better spent on a CM though, we already had Benteke, Gabby, Weimann and Bowery to play up front. I  assume that Lambert expected Benteke to go after he handed in a transfer request.. 

This demonstrates why Lamberts job here is so tough. Martinez spent more on 29 year old aroune Kone at everton and he can't even get on the pitch. However, because he has more money and inherited a better squad, no one cares about the waste of money. Lambert buys a striker that clearly has some qualities, has contributed to the team and may be worth the money, but because lambert has so little to spend compared to what's required each decision has to be spot on, and will be analyzed be everyone.

Agree. If we had a better first team squad, I'd be happy to have Libor as back up.

Agree. If we had a better first team squad, I'd be happy to have Libor as back up.

But then why are we buying back up players when we don't have a good enough first team?

This guy is a donkey. Failed to score a league goal in his final season in Italy, and we paid 7 million quid for him when we are desperate for a creative midfielder. Did anyone watch the useless lump before signing him. Makes me despair of giving Lambert any mor money to waste. 40 million spent on 15 players, only 3 of which I rate,Benteke,Okore and Lowton. The rest were no better and in most cases worse than we already had. This guy is just another example of our club signing a poor player .

The stupidity of this post is amazing

Rudeness must be your middle name. Try coming to a game instead of watching Villa on the TV. I have been going to Villa Park for 50 years and this guy is pretty poor. 7 million pissed up the wall when we were desperate for a creative midfielder.Try commenting with specifics rather than primitive insults to other posters.

I am sorry I can't make it to every villa match because I do not live in England at the moment but I'd love it if I could go to the matches instead of watching them. You also clearly know nothing about Libor as proven in your post. You ask "Did anyone watch the useless lump before signing him?", well yes I did and Libor was a very young striker that caused a lot of fear into many good Europa league teams. He was touted as a very good prospect for the future and Lambert knew that. He managed to even become the Europa leagues top goal scorer with 10 goals in 11 matches at the age of 23. Now he has come to a new league and despite our awful form, he still scores goals. Give Kozak some respect. Without Kozak, we would be in the relegation zone right now. 

This guy is a donkey. Failed to score a league goal in his final season in Italy, and we paid 7 million quid for him when we are desperate for a creative midfielder. Did anyone watch the useless lump before signing him. Makes me despair of giving Lambert any mor money to waste. 40 million spent on 15 players, only 3 of which I rate,Benteke,Okore and Lowton. The rest were no better and in most cases worse than we already had. This guy is just another example of our club signing a poor player .

The stupidity of this post is amazing

Rudeness must be your middle name. Try coming to a game instead of watching Villa on the TV. I have been going to Villa Park for 50 years and this guy is pretty poor. 7 million pissed up the wall when we were desperate for a creative midfielder.Try commenting with specifics rather than primitive insults to other posters.

I am sorry I can't make it to every villa match because I do not live in England at the moment but I'd love it if I could go to the matches instead of watching them. You also clearly know nothing about Libor as proven in your post. You ask "Did anyone watch the useless lump before signing him?", well yes I did and Libor was a very young striker that caused a lot of fear into many good Europa league teams. He was touted as a very good prospect for the future and Lambert knew that. He managed to even become the Europa leagues top goal scorer with 10 goals in 11 matches at the age of 23. Now he has come to a new league and despite our awful form, he still scores goals. Give Kozak some respect. Without Kozak, we would be in the relegation zone right now.

My point about viewing players and games live is that you can make a far better judgment of things than through a TV screen. I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen.It differs to yours, fine, you are entitled to your opinion of your fellow countryman. I will not call your post stupid simply because it differs from my opinion. I'm not particularly interested in the Europa league, there have been some pretty cranky games in that. Domestic league performances are a better guide to form IMO. The fact that Kozak was largely ignored by his club in those games should have sounded a few alarm bells. I have seen very little in his performaces to change my opinion that money was spent on him that could and should have been better spent on the creative midfielder that we so badly need.

we already had Gabby, Weimann and Bowery to play up front.

Who have how many goals between them? - 3. To Kozak's 4! Least he can put the god damn ball in the net.

Jesus Christ can't believe I'm reading this post! After all the arguments we've had regarding darren bent in the past haha you do make me laugh :)

we already had Gabby, Weimann and Bowery to play up front.

Who have how many goals between them? - 3. To Kozak's 4! Least he can put the god damn ball in the net.

Jesus Christ can't believe I'm reading this post! After all the arguments we've had regarding darren bent in the past haha you do make me laugh :)

What, so because I point out that Kozak can score, unlike the other three, all my arguments against Darren Bent (which, baring in mind he cant get in the Fulham team, nor are's - appear pretty spot on) become ridiculous?

All I said is that Kozak had scored more goals than the other 3 put together meaning that having the other 3 wasn't necessarily a good argument for not buying Kozak. I never really gave an opinion on Kozak, though if your interested, I think he is pretty poor.

One of Lamberts better signings this season. I like him a lot.

Can you explain to me what it is you like because I'm not seeing it.

I like it when he puts the ball into that goal looking thing and we jump around in the stands. 

• Like 4

If he hadn't been gifted 2 goals I'm not sure what people would use to praise him.

I'd say every game bar man city at home he has looked poor or average at best.

I don't think there are really gift goals in football. Even his last goal he predicted that the defender would make pass back and he then had to finish it. It was a very smart move by Kozak. I doubt Lambert would call that a gift, instead it was a reward for him thinking smartly. 

One of Lamberts better signings this season. I like him a lot.

Can you explain to me what it is you like because I'm not seeing it.

I like it when he puts the ball into that goal looking thing and we jump around in the stands.

Fair point! I just don't see enough in him to envisage him doing that regularly and I don't like the way the ball bounces off him all Heskey like.

Very similar players in my opinion. Villa era Heskey and Kozak that is. His first touch is abysmal and that's the first thing I want in a player. You can get away with a lot in this league if you've a good first touch, it buys you space and time to pick your options.

I'm saying I think he's a donkey, basically. I'd love to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

If he hadn't been gifted 2 goals I'm not sure what people would use to praise him.

I'd say every game bar man city at home he has looked poor or average at best.

I don't think there are really gift goals in football. Even his last goal he predicted that the defender would make pass back and he then had to finish it. It was a very smart move by Kozak. I doubt Lambert would call that a gift, instead it was a reward for him thinking smartly.

That was very good awareness yes. One thing he does seem to possess. He's a nuisance and has good instincts, he's just not a footballer.

Â