Libor Kozák

samjp26

Kozak may not have cost £7 million but compared to other lambert signings he was one of the more expensive purchases. He was also someone we spent the entire summer trying to bring in.

It's looking like money and time wasted at the moment.

I don't disagree that at this present time if he was all we had to rely on I'd be a little concerened, but I also realise that for 4.5mill ;) you aren't getting the finished article. We have a manager and backroom staff that do their homework and bring people in that can compete at this level but might need games and time to adjust. KEA this week spoke of how homesick he was last season.

The lad has had 4 and half games in the premier league scoring 1 goal, that's is nothing, simply no time at all to judge anybody on. I'm all for opinions but some of the comments of just writing him off I find insane.

Regardless of how he scored them or the manner in which they were scored, he was the europa leagues top scorer, he has scored at international level and even though he did nothing of note in Serie A still came away with a reputation of being a handful and always a threat of a goal, and an elbow.

Let's get behind him and watch him flourish as he adapts, because if not I can already hear that Villa Park groan when something goes wrong for him.

Some players do need time to adjust but I just don't see what Kozak offers. He's complete lack of pace will stop him succeeding at this level and like I've said before he has nothing special about him to make up for that lack of pace. I really don't see what Lambert saw in him. I worry that this one is all about his attitude with little thought about ability.

What you have to realize with Kozak is that he is still very much developing as a player. Compare him to Benteke, for instance...before Benteke joined Villa he had been getting regular first team football for a couple years and while it wasn't at the PL level, it still played a part in his development and made his transition much easier. With Kozak he was mainly getting all his gametime in the Europa league at Lazio and not starting regularly in the domestic matches. For this reason, Kozak is almost certainly not close to being the genuine end product and particular parts of his game will continue to progress in the coming season (winning aerials challenges, link up/hold up play, heading, etc.). It's obvious that it will take time for him before he is ready to be our main striker and you have to reckon Lambert realized this and this is why he wanted him in for this season so that he could get his feet wet and get accustomed to the league before we inevitably lose Benteke. 

He was probably brought in with a system change in mind, but with it likely to come next season when we don't have benteke

I will well and truly give up on Lambert if Kozak is the main replacement for Benteke.

And I don't agree he was signed with a system change in mind. Lambert said he was signed so we could play the same way when Benteke is out.

straight up bad signing if that's the case

Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill

Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill Kozak didn't cost 7mill

Link?

Meanwhile that 7m could've been put towards something we really needed and Bent could've been banging the goals in. Genius work Lambert

13 touches of the ball last night vs worst team in the league, he wouldnt have mattered on sunday

I doubt he left being a bit-part player at Lazio to be one here. I fear that Lambert will attempt to try and fit them both in the same team.

I hope not and i hope Lambert is not going to be so stubborn to keep persisting with him if hes not up to it. If he doesn't improve then cut your loses and sell him like he did with Holman.

Unless Benteke is injured (or subbed off due to being tired) I don't think we'll be seeing him on the pitch in another league game this season.

Or at least, I hope we don't. 

I don't even know where to start with the sheer stupdiness of this comment.

Christ new league, new language, new colleagues, new country, new surroundings, new weather etc etc etc.

I really hope you guys aren't treated like this when you start a new job. Give him a chance for crying out loud

• Like 1

I doubt he left being a bit-part player at Lazio to be one here. I fear that Lambert will attempt to try and fit them both in the same team.

How? How can he without ripping up the formation and the other 15 odd players he's bought in.

How?

Sorry but it's just stupid.

How? How can he without ripping up the formation and the other 15 odd players he's bought in.

How?

Sorry but it's just stupid.

It really isn't. Lambert isn't adverse to playing two up front. He tried that on numerous occasions last season. He generally played that at Norwich too. Like I say, I am struggling to see why Kozak would've come here unless he had received some first-team assurances.

Some of the posts in here are stupid borderline mental.

Fwiw I think kozak is being used in the wrong way, despite his height he looks fairly lightweight and his turn of pace is non existent so what to we do, try and feed halls in behind him to chase which he can't do cus he isn't quick enough & we launch balls at his head that he can't win. I'm sure he will do better soon

• Like 1

He looks like if he was played the ball to feet he could probably do a decent hold up job from there. Problem with a giant forward is you are just inclined to hoof to him as expect him to be great in the air. I seem to remember us having a similar problem with Crouch and Carew when both were probably as good on the floor

its pretty much lazy from the other players

Fwiw I think kozak is being used in the wrong way, despite his height he looks fairly lightweight and his turn of pace is non existent so what to we do, try and feed halls in behind him to chase which he can't do cus he isn't quick enough & we launch balls at his head that he can't win. I'm sure he will do better soon

who do you blame for that then ?

we had a proven striker in Bent that relied on service to score goals, as we don't have that service/supply line we left him out of the side and now have loaned him out

what logic is there then in bringing in another forward for 7m with similar needs (but unproven in the goalscoring stakes) if we haven't sorted out the supply problem ?

we had a proven striker in Bent that relied on service to score goals, as we don't have that service/supply line we left him out of the side and now have loaned him out

what logic is there then in bringing in another forward for 7m with similar needs (but unproven in the goalscoring stakes) if we haven't sorted out the supply problem ?

they are not similar. did you not see Bent had 13 touches vs worst team in the league, he really should not be mentioned anymore in this thread

they are not similar. did you not see Bent had 13 touches vs worst team in the league, he really should not be mentioned anymore in this thread

Continuing with the 7mill also. Im also a bit worried we spent 8mill on Helenius.

Unless Benteke is injured (or subbed off due to being tired) I don't think we'll be seeing him on the pitch in another league game this season.

Or at least, I hope we don't.

I don't even know where to start with the sheer stupdiness of this comment.

Nor me with the sheer irony of this one.

"Stupdi"

Â