Anthony Taylor (Ref) dropped after Arsenal v Villa game

Villan4Life

I don't like the message this sends: Allow one of the Darling 4 to lose and you're gone.

Whilst I am in total agreement with this one thing I haven't seen yet is another source actually confirming he has actually been dropped. All refs do 4th official duties, what makes the arse fan so sure it isn't scheduled duty rather than a demotion?

Vlaar shouldve been sent off and Luna shouldn't have been booked but that's was the assistants call that he listened to. Second pk was correct and maybe he didn't play enough advantages for Arsenal. Overall, not terrible, actually pretty decent considering the number of big decisions he had to make

I hate the argument he got the ball...he bloody touched the ball with the slightest touch possible that made little or no difference to the trajectory the ball was going.

It's a penalty every day of the week.

I do think the ref was poor though to both teams.

• Like 3

Key Question :- Would he have been dropped if Arsenal had won the game.

I don't quite understanding this dropping of referee's to me he hasn't been selected for this weekends fixtures - thats not to say he won't be in the future  (Happy to be corrected - but thats how I see it)

I hate the argument he got the ball...he bloody touched the ball with the slightest touch possible that made little or no difference to the trajectory the ball was going.

It's a penalty every day of the week.

I do think the ref was poor though to both teams.

Yep there is a common misconception that if you get the ball first, it can not be a foul - No Such Rule Exists  

• Like 1

No evidence that Taylor has been dropped? A single Arsenal blog is the only source of this (dis)information

I thought Taylor did ok. There are always going to be differences of opinion but in the main I thought he got the big decisions right - brave too, to (correctly) give two pens and a sending off against the home side

Luna booking was wrong (signalled by the linesman) and Vlaar was somewhat lucky but generally a decent perfromance

• Like 1

I thought the only major decision he got wrong was not sending off Vlaar.

However the only reason this was a problem was how keen he was at waving round yellow cards from the off, especially the frankly ridiculous booking for Tony.

This really left him nowhere to go in the Koscienly affair.

When the FA do things like this, they should come out and say why.  It undermines Referee's and you can easily see Ref's not giving certain decisions in future and recieving public criticism from an established figure like Wenger.  if they FA came out and said it was due to the erratic decision making and amount of cards awarded then i think we may accept it but to say nothing allows all sorts of conjecture.

it pisses me off when the FA / prem do this

we now all know he was hit at the weekend, why doesn't riley now come out and say why he was shit? we'll now every arsenal fan crowing over the penalties and us moaning over the lack of a red card

When Goal line technology was finally introduced, Platini stated let that be the end of the use of technology.

I beg to differ. Let that be the start of technology is where I stand.

I'ts great to have controversy at matches but not when your own team is on the receiving end & refs, love em or hate em are only human after all (Fat/thin Phil excepted)

The point is it's the 21st century, we have the technological means to help referees with offside decisions, penalty kicks, sendings off etc etc so use some common sense & bloody well use it.

As for Anthony Taylor, you have to say he must be one of the most ballsy refs in the Premier league to award 2 penalties in one match & against one of the `Rich 4` in their own back yard.

He then has the balls to send off Koschielny & unlike a lot of refs did not then try to even it up in favour of the rich team which he could easily have done with Vlaar.

Yes, he made his balls ups, but he has a bigger pair of balls.

Well done ref, take a bow son, take a bow.

Edited by villa-revolution

Oh one of the big boys lost so the ref is dropped? There was no dropping the ref/linesman after the horror show at city last year was there? Yea lets just blame the ref and give absolutely no credit to villa like everyone seems to have done, only praise we got was from carragher last night.

Â