Anthony Taylor (Ref) dropped after Arsenal v Villa game

Villan4Life

I thought the basic problem was he lost control of the game and started booking people towards the end for things they were getting away with earlier. I still have no idea how he didn't send off the Arsenal goalie on the first penalty. 

As far as I can see this rumour started on an Arsenal fan's twitter site and has been all over Arsenal blogs and message boards like a rash. It does lack a little credibility since, as tyklip points out, he is actually officiating at the Stoke Crystal Palace game (as 4th official) on Saturday.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/aug/match-officials-appointments-24-26-august.html

:)

Well i've been bleating on for years about how the game is rigged in favor of certain, as it happens wealthy, clubs. For me this was just a random one off game where the official reffed it fairly & just "as he saw it" rather than being swayed by the pressures inherent in reffing a game featuring one of these favored teams along with the media bias and otherwise. . .

The way Arsenal's fans, manager & players and the media on a large scale reacted with such immature "toys out the pram" comments merely confirms that this was a really rare occurrence with them not getting the usual procession of biased "in their favour" decisions. The game is corrupt and this one off game & the pathetic reaction it stirred are simply more evidence of that.

All these teams are used to getting not only 50/ 50 decisions but usually anything above 70/30 even and in the game changing big decisions they normally get virtually all of them. No wonder then that with the decisions going 50/50 and the game changers going the way they should have done they were in a state of shock!... As i say simply clear as day evidence that normally there is something very odd about the way decisions fall against these supposed "super teams". For me if you gave most Premier League teams the same level of "help" they normally get then those clubs would likely finish top 4 instead.

Now watch it all be levelled up against Chelski with one of ours being shown a red & them getting everything going after the FA "Have a word"

Well i've been bleating on for years about how the game is rigged in favor of certain, as it happens wealthy, clubs. For me this was just a random one off game where the official reffed it fairly & just "as he saw it" rather than being swayed by the pressures inherent in reffing a game featuring one of these favored teams along with the media bias and otherwise. . .

... The game is corrupt and this one off game & the pathetic reaction it stirred are simply more evidence of that.

Now watch it all be levelled up against Chelski with one of ours being shown a red & them getting everything going after the FA "Have a word"

Dunno. Sounds a bit cynical, mate. I think we outplayed a strong Arsenal squad that was often unlucky, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger failed to spend much more money and the Gunners STILL finished near the top of the table.

And I still believe we're giving ourselves to little credit for last weekend's win, too, and conversely pumping up Chelsea into something they're not because of Mourhino awe. Despite Arsenal fans' whinging about the lack of money spent by Wenger, they still have a damn good club flush with money, and we deserve credit for spanking them.

Yeah, the ref was crap. But corrupt? That's Ian Holloway territory, and I don't want to go there.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

typical cockney cnuts are just bitter because they lost, bad decisions are made by officials in nearly every football match every weekend all around the country, officials cant get everything right, all i can say though against the argument is that being a premier league referee, he should be making a large majority of correct decisions.

but hey, its been happening against us for years and weve had to accept it, its not often decisions go against utd, city, plop, arse or chelski, theyre not invinsible.

... The game is corrupt and this one off game & the pathetic reaction it stirred are simply more evidence of that.

Dunno. Sounds a bit cynical, mate. I think we outplayed a strong Arsenal squad that was often unlucky, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger failed to spend much more money and the Gunners STILL finished near the top of the table.

And I still believe we're giving ourselves to little credit for last weekend's win, too, and conversely pumping up Chelsea into something they're not because of Mourhino awe. Despite Arsenal fans' whinging about the lack of money spent by Wenger, they still have a damn good club flush with money, and we deserve credit for spanking them.

Yeah, the ref was crap. But corrupt? That's Ian Holloway territory, and I don't want to go there.

I rest my case!

Â