Anthony Taylor (Ref) dropped after Arsenal v Villa game

Villan4Life

I thought he was pretty poor all round, the second penalty is debatable (Shearer showed how it may have been a correct decision on MOTD) but he was giving a lot of free kicks and general decisions blatantly wrong. The worst was Luna's booking. It only seems worse for Arsenal because they lost...

• Like 2

deservedly so imo.

Keeper should have been sent off. Second pen wasn't a pen however from his angle I cant drop him for that alone.

Second yellow card to their defender was a bit shit. Vlaar should have got a second yellow too. Luna getting booked?

If I was a gunner I would be losing my shit. But hey.. we had that all last season.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Chezny and Vlaar should've been sent off, that's 2 big decisions he got wrong so fair enough to drop him. Got both penalties spot on though and you can see why he sent Koscienly off when he left his arm out to catch Andi.

Second pen wasn't a pen however from his angle I cant drop him for that alone.

Proven to be false from numerous football pundits.

yeah but its arguable. When its going that quick and theirs bodies in his way.. its a hard decision. In full motion with how quick Gabby was running and he was caught after the player got the ball.. I thought it was a pen straight away. Its a tough one.

Chezny and Vlaar should've been sent off, that's 2 big decisions he got wrong so fair enough to drop him. Got both penalties spot on though and you can see why he sent Koscienly off when he left his arm out to catch Andi.

He was absolutely shite for both teams generally, but I thought he got the BIG decisions right mostly. It was his little decision making that pissed me off.

Second pen wasn't a pen however from his angle I cant drop him for that alone.

Proven to be false from numerous football pundits.

yeah but its arguable. When its going that quick and theirs bodies in his way.. its a hard decision. In full motion with how quick Gabby was running and he was caught after the player got the ball.. I thought it was a pen straight away. Its a tough one.

He got him through the back, but made it look like he went through the side. Absolutely no sympathy as a PL defender shouldn't be doing such a bloody stupid thing. Same as his 2nd yellow. Unforgivable.

deservedly so imo.

Keeper should have been sent off. Second pen wasn't a pen however from his angle I cant drop him for that alone.

Second yellow card to their defender was a bit shit. Vlaar should have got a second yellow too. Luna getting booked?

If I was a gunner I would be losing my shit. But hey.. we had that all last season.

And the season before that...and before that...and before that... I think you get the picture.

Guarantee the ref wouldn't've been dropped if Arsenal had won (even with the pens and sending off)

Correct.  I have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to the different standards the rich teams are held to versus the rest of us.

edit. There seems to be no actual source for this. So until proven otherwise I am going to put it in the "Arsenal blog makes shit up" category.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

I thought he was shit before the second penalty, to both sides. Giving yellows out like candy and I think that contributed to the niggle factor. Ref in the Palace vs Spurs used common sense and let a lot of things go to the benefit of the players and the game.

If he is dropped, I'm still awaiting the fat arse Phil Dowd's life time ban. 

When I read the thread title my first thought was, like several of the guys above, that if we had been on the receiving end of the decisions he wouldn't have been dropped. Hell, he probably would have been lauded as perceptive and brave.

My second thought was Fat word removed Dowd. I'd cheerily watch that **** scrote get broken on a wheel.

Edited by privateer
  • Like 1

Â