Loan Watch: 2013-14

OutByEaster?

Now Darren Bent, he has consistently scored 1 goal in around every 2.5 games he has played, at every club he's been at, even when he was managed by a total dickhead like McLeish, even when receiving unflattering comparisons with Harry Redknapp's missus, and even when he was playing under a manager (Lambert) who clearly had no clue how to get the best out of him

3 goals in 16 games last year disproves that about Lambert getting goals out of him, 12 goals in last 38 games for Villa isnt a record worth the praise he gets.

he has developed the NIgel Reo-Coker syndrome

Whenever you move to a new club you do need time to get used to your new team and the way in which they play in very much the same way Kozak can at the moment be excused for his performances for us. You can't have one rule for one player and another for someone else in that context.

Is Kozak being excused for his performances? Have look at his topic page and honestly tell me whether he is being excused. As for Bent, I do not hate him, but I don't understand the love in some of our fans had for him either. As for him adjusting to a side, he is a proven player isn't he? He played poor in a side that hammered Crystal Palace, which says it all for me.

Whenever you move to a new club you do need time to get used to your new team and the way in which they play in very much the same way Kozak can at the moment be excused for his performances for us. You can't have one rule for one player and another for someone else in that context.

Is Kozak being excused for his performances? Have look at his topic page and honestly tell me whether he is being excused. As for Bent, I do not hate him, but I don't understand the love in some of our fans had for him either. As for him adjusting to a side, he is a proven player isn't he? He played poor in a side that hammered Crystal Palace, which says it all for me.

No you're right, generally he isn't being excused although there are one or two who are prepared to give him more time including both you and I.

I also agree that it is right to describe him 'as a proven player' but proven players have moved elsewhere in the Premiership before and still taken time to adapt to their new team.

You also have to remember that Bent wasn't getting games here either before his move so it will take him time to become match fit.

Its a little premature at the moment to properly judge either player and consequently both should be given more time.

However worst case scenario for us is that Bent doesn't improve and at the end of his loan period is sent back to us again. What then?

Are you serious?? how on earth can you compare Bent moving to london, where he has lived numerous times before, to play for a manager he has played under before, and in a league he has played in pretty much all of his career, to play with players he has played with before, to Kozak who has moved to a different country, with a new league, new team mates, new language pretty much new everything.

100% total and utter rubbish Morpheus and you know it

I probably used the wrong phrase in 'acclimatise' so i have to apologise for that. However i have given a better explanation of my point above in replying to ST and although you may not agree with it, it is my opinion.

Bent very poor for Fulham the other night from watching. Despite Fulham trouncing Palace. 

Is this judgement based on being at the match or just seeing the highlights? I think it's a bit rash to judge a players' performance just on highlights. Also it would be interesting to know which aspects of his play proved him to be "very poor". It would be quite an achievement for any Fulham player to have registered as playing poorly against the shambles that was Palace. Was the vicious shot that Speroni just about managed to tip around the post an example of his very poor play?

I watched the match from minute 1 till the end. He was poor and was rightfully substituted. I'm not dissing Darren or hating on him. I am just stating the facts. He was silent in a game that he should not have been silent in. Even the commentators were saying how little he had touched the ball in the first 40 minutes. It was like Fulham were playing with 10 men. His "very poor play" as i mentioned was his inability to have any influence on the game, despite Fulham trouncing the opponents. 

Don't know why people are knocking Bent.

Did not fit our system, perhaps does not fit with the modern game, but his record speaks for itself.

In what, scoring goals for mediocre clubs? There is a reason why he is only playing for Old Boys FC, or Fulham as they are called.

You cannot just pick the part of his career that suits your argument.

And the clubs he has scored against are not mediocre.

Edited by AntrimBlack
  • Like 1

Saturday 3pm unless specified

Darren Bent - Southampton v Fulham (5:30pm)
Nathan Delfouneso - Blackpool v Blackburn Rovers
Graham Burke - Brentford v Shrewsbury
Samir Carruthers - Tranmere v MK Dons
Enda Stevens - Notts County v Preston North End
Jack Grealish - Notts County v Preston North End

• Like 1

Saturday 3pm unless specified

Darren Bent - Southampton v Fulham (5:30pm)

Nathan Delfouneso - Blackpool v Blackburn Rovers

Graham Burke - Brentford v Shrewsbury

Samir Carruthers - Tranmere v MK Dons

Enda Stevens - Notts County v Preston North End

Jack Grealish - Notts County v Preston North End

Pretty sure Graham Burke and Enda Stevens are back with us.

Get feeling Albrighton in PL view isn't worth keeping as he on quite a high wage after getting a new contract when we where still handing out stupid money.

I know in last 18 month's he hasn't been great but he was the one bright spot in the league cup loss and is a wide player.Last year of contract I think so doubt he play for us again.

Get feeling Albrighton in PL view isn't worth keeping as he on quite a high wage after getting a new contract when we where still handing out stupid money.

I know in last 18 month's he hasn't been great but he was the one bright spot in the league cup loss and is a wide player.Last year of contract I think so doubt he play for us again.

I think he could still grow into a decent premier league player. He just doesn't fit in lambert's tactics, where our wingers (gabby and weimann) cut inside rather than go down the line. He did show he's capable of Some good performances in pre-season and against Spurs.

I would hate to see him go, but I don't think he has a future here.

least he gets to hang out with Dave Whelan for a month, that should be fun

The things he'll learn from Dave ... He'll come back 3 or 4 times the player he left as!

Â