Loan Watch: 2013-14

OutByEaster?

Just like Kozak eh?

No notion then of giving Bent the same amount of time as Kozak to aclimatize to a new club.

But Bent is proven isn't he? So proven he had about 5 to 6 touches in the game and missed a sitter. Palace were that bad they effectively lost the game to 10 men.

Just like Kozak eh?

No notion then of giving Bent the same amount of time as Kozak to aclimatize to a new club.

im sure Bent has lived in London dont think he needs to be acclimatized ;)

Whenever you move to a new club you do need time to get used to your new team and the way in which they play in very much the same way Kozak can at the moment be excused for his performances for us. You can't have one rule for one player and another for someone else in that context.

Whenever you move to a new club you do need time to get used to your new team and the way in which they play in very much the same way Kozak can at the moment be excused for his performances for us. You can't have one rule for one player and another for someone else in that context.

Is Kozak being excused for his performances? Have look at his topic page and honestly tell me whether he is being excused. As for Bent, I do not hate him, but I don't understand the love in some of our fans had for him either. As for him adjusting to a side, he is a proven player isn't he? He played poor in a side that hammered Crystal Palace, which says it all for me.

nobody hates Bent its just that some believe he is the answer to our problems when he only got 12 goals in the last 2 seasons and a waste of a huge salary its proven he cant work with Benteke who is about 10 times the player Bent ever was

Are you serious?? how on earth can you compare Bent moving to london, where he has lived numerous times before, to play for a manager he has played under before, and in a league he has played in pretty much all of his career, to play with players he has played with before, to Kozak who has moved to a different country, with a new league, new team mates, new language pretty much new everything.

100% total and utter rubbish Morpheus and you know it

• Like 4

Don't say that too loud about Darren Bent, he does have a fan club here of being a proven goalscorer.

Think his record would show that he is.

So does Emile Heskey. It means nothing, its about what you do here and now and bottom line was Darren Bent was not doing enough to warrant those huge wages and a place in a side.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Kazak moved from another country and entire different culture, as well as the league being different. Bent moved within the same league, so they are different cases. 

nobody hates Bent its just that some believe he is the answer to our problems when he only got 12 goals in the last 2 seasons and a waste of a huge salary its proven he cant work with Benteke who is about 10 times the player Bent ever was

Not sure anyone is actually saying that.

Certainly all I thought was that we might have a better chance of getting goals with him up front than Bowery or Kozak.

but in the system we play his hold up play is pathetic. I always go back to Norwich game last year he came on for Benteke think was actually 1-0 at that stage and was one of worst attacking performances by a VIlla player in my lifetime as he couldnt hold the ball up and Norwich could have won that game as they just keep getting it back

but in the system we play his hold up play is pathetic. I always go back to Norwich game last year he came on for Benteke think was actually 1-0 at that stage and was one of worst attacking performances by a VIlla player in my lifetime as he couldnt hold the ball up and Norwich could have won that game as they just keep getting it back

I do agree with what you are saying, my point is only that I would be more confident of getting a goal with him up front rather than Bowery or Kozak.

Bent very poor for Fulham the other night from watching. Despite Fulham trouncing Palace. 

Is this judgement based on being at the match or just seeing the highlights? I think it's a bit rash to judge a players' performance just on highlights. Also it would be interesting to know which aspects of his play proved him to be "very poor". It would be quite an achievement for any Fulham player to have registered as playing poorly against the shambles that was Palace. Was the vicious shot that Speroni just about managed to tip around the post an example of his very poor play?

Bent very poor for Fulham the other night from watching. Despite Fulham trouncing Palace. 

Is this judgement based on being at the match or just seeing the highlights? I think it's a bit rash to judge a players' performance just on highlights. Also it would be interesting to know which aspects of his play proved him to be "very poor". It would be quite an achievement for any Fulham player to have registered as playing poorly against the shambles that was Palace. Was the vicious shot that Speroni just about managed to tip around the post an example of his very poor play?

I watched the game and he was poor, he must have had about 5 to 10 touches in the whole game. A vicious shot, so vicious the keeper saved it, this also from the proven goalscorer. If one of our strikers had missed that don't think you'd be so kind in that instance.

Don't say that too loud about Darren Bent, he does have a fan club here of being a proven goalscorer.

Think his record would show that he is.

So does Emile Heskey. 

Are you really claiming that Emile Heskey's record shows he is a proven goalscorer?

That's mad. He has a career record of one goal in every five games. No manager I can think of has ever used him primarily as a goalscorer.

If the continuing ( and by now rather tedious) tendency to despise the memory of Emile Heskey by a few on here is based on disappointment that he didn't score enough goals for us, it's all based on a misconception. The reality is just that he was over the hill by the time we signed him. I guess our scouting system should have been able to suss that out, but that's Villa for you. 

Now Darren Bent, he has consistently scored 1 goal in around every 2.5 games he has played, at every club he's been at, even when he was managed by a total dickhead like McLeish, even when receiving unflattering comparisons with Harry Redknapp's missus, and even when he was playing under a manager (Lambert) who clearly had no clue how to get the best out of him.  At Fulham, he's scored 3 goals in 8 games (only 5 of which he's started), so it goes on there. He just scores goals. Little else. Not much by way of fancy link-up play, tackling back, etc. But if it's goals you need, call Darren.

Â