Loan Watch: 2013-14

OutByEaster?

And so it begins...

We've got Graham Burke on loan at Shrewsbury Town, rumours of Samir Carruthers going to Milton Keynes Dons and potentially something in the pipeline for Jack Grealish.

I thought it might be nice to package all that loan action into one nice tidy place. Erm..ta da.

Currently confirmed loans:

Graham Burke to Shrewsbury - until January.

Samir Carruthers to Milton Keynes - until January.

Darren Bent to Fulham - for the 2013-14 season.

Nathan Delfouneso to Blackpool - until January.

Enda Stevens to Notts County - until the 24th September.

Jack Grealish to Notts County - until January.

Burke should make a debut tomorrow away against Leyton Orient.

From Auntie

Shrewsbury manager Graham Turner told BBC Radio Shropshire:

"Graham Burke's a very good footballer, with a good perception for the game. He can score goals and he's highly rated at Villa.

"We need a striker, especially after John Marsden was unlucky enough to break a bone in his foot on Tuesday.

I Like this.

These kids all seem talented, but playing against harder physique in a faster tempo is the best way to test how good they really are. If they can handle it in the championship / league one they deserve a shot in the first team. Rocking the youth leagues doesn't necessarily seem to tell you that you have a gem on your hands. Re - Luke Moore, Fonz etc. Doing that in the football leagues, however. Re - Cahill, Westwood, Lowton.

I was personally hoping so at first, but tend to think that it would be good for him to play regulary somewhere else for a season. Don't know what Lambert is thinking, though ;)  We can always use Herd as 5th choice CB and 3rd choice RB this season (until his contract runs out) and hopefully have a more experienced Donacien pushing for these positions next season.  

What about the likes of Robinson, Drennan, Donacien etc. Kevan? Heard anything?

Drennan is injured. I'd imagine Robinson is too young?

As for Donacien I get the feeling Lambert would want to keep him as cover?

Led to believe this is probably the case for them 3. Maybe a move could be on the cards later on in the year for drenno but nothing ITK regarding that.

• Like 1

Would like to see Gary Gardner go and get a month or two under his belt somewhere. He's behind Westwood, Delph, Sylla, Bacuna & KEA for central midfield so he's unlikely to get game time. He needs to play after being out for so long. 

• Like 1

Would like to see Gary Gardner go and get a month or two under his belt somewhere. He's behind Westwood, Delph, Sylla, Bacuna & KEA for central midfield so he's unlikely to get game time. He needs to play after being out for so long. 

This ..

This ..
I have the same opinion on albrighton. Both can still become good players for us, they just need to get a full season with regular football Edited by AXD
  • Like 1

This ..
I have the same opinion on albrighton. Both can still become good players for us, they just need to get a full season with regular football

Good shout regarding Albrighton. These players need to play to secure their futures - be it here or elsewhere! No use sat on the bench. I forgot to put Chris Herd in that mix of midfielders & with talk of Kiyotake or similar I can't see Gardner or Albrighton playing.

Shrewsbury Town (Where Burke is) only named 5 substitutes on their bench today. A couple of players playing with knocks and their squad is dropping like flies by the sounds of it.

Might be worth offloading a couple of the young lads there if we can. They seem to be willing to let us send our players there for match practice and still train with our Development Squad, for the likes of Robinson (They are desperate for Forwards) and Donacien (They conceded 3 today) who are maybe on the borderline of whether we send them on loan or not it could be a good move all round for a 3-6 month loan. (With a recall option on Donacien incase we need him back as cover)

Meanwhile, no mention of Burke's display today on their forum, I think he got 90 mins. Assuming he isnt mentioned because he was neither shite nor pulled up any trees, as he only found out he was going there Wednesday a mediocre performance is about as much as anyone could expect from a 19 year old. Be interesting to see if anything crops up about his performance from their fans later on

Edited by HalfTimePost

Shrewsbury's situation is interesting - they lost 3-0 today and Burke played 90 minutes - they are ripe for a loanee or two, even if it's just for a month.

Carruthers didn't get on today, which is fair enough as he's only been there five minutes.

Â