First PL league Manager to be axed ?

smetrov

He did well at Fulham and Blackburn, maybe smaller teams suit his style.. So who knows, but their squad it poor.

Doesn't he want to change their style as well? We know better than most that that can often have negative short term consequences.

Yeah that's likely, unless he is clever and tries to phase it out slowly over the course of the season.. But of course changing the style means bringing in the players capable of playing that way. We'll see.

Ian holloway I think, he's struggled to sign any decent players and I think they'll struggle badly, can see him getting the boot pre-Christmas

Which is why he shouldn't be sacked, they over achieved last yr and should just be happy to be up, gain from the experience and have a strong team back in championship. Pointless sacking a manager for not achieving in prem.

Steve Bruce or Malky Mackay, just feel should they struggle to adapt to the PL, their clubs respective owners might be quick to axe them.

David moyes, just got a feeling he won't last the season, personally think he seems to be awe struck at Man U?

Steve Bruce or Malky Mackay, just feel should they struggle to adapt to the PL, their clubs respective owners might be quick to axe them.

David moyes, just got a feeling he won't last the season, personally think he seems to be awe struck at Man U?

Who wouldn't be full of awe when hired by Manchester United? Even Jose Mourinho would feel pressure there, even more so than at Real Madrid because of the immediate claim for success. With Moyes both the club and the fans have geared down their level of expectation, simply because they have had a manager for almost 30 years and he won everything. If Moyes grabs 3rd or even 4th this season that will be regarded at a success IMO. Man U are a different club to Man City and Chelsea, they will not sack the manager unless the results are absolutely atrocious (like 12th around Christmas?).

A bit like Lambert at Villa to be honest, when he took over from McLeish. What Lambert did last season was a sackable excuse, but his reputation was high regardless. Why? Because we had McLeish the season before and he showed us the absolute low this club is capable of achieving. He went, it was written in the stars and all the fans wanted him gone. If Lambert had taken the job instead of McLeish, he perhaps would have been fired if we did exactly similar to last season. Everyone is talking about Lambert's vision and ideas for steady, organic growth - but it only takes one similar season for him to be sacked, just like everyone else with a golden approach that doesn't pan out. Football is about immediate results, sometimes you get leeway (rightly so), but clock is always ticking fast. So even though Lambert came to a club in trouble and Moyes came to a club just winning the league, both sets of fans have healthy expectations towards the next season. Sacking everyone here and there is a virus in modern football, just like rich Arabs coming in throwing around money. I mean, Falcao and Cavani at Monaco and Paris? Silly.

Moyes and Lambert will be just fine this season, at United he has so many dynamics going on it's impossible to go very wrong. With the likes of Giggs, Vidic, Ferdinand, Van Persie and Carrick onboard it's only so much the manager can screw up. 

I agree that he is awe struck, but then wouldn't we all be if were manager of arguably the biggest club in the world.

I agree with what you are saying but unfortunately I think the days of a "top 4" club allowing a manager to find their feet are gone, with the debt they have there I think there will be some expectation of immediate success, only time will tell, but I hope he does do well there I've always liked him as a manager

Not a chance in hell Moyes will be sacked, even if they don't win the league for a couple of seasons he'll still be there, clearly employed for the long game.

I'm going for that mouthy tit at Palace.

I too think Pardew will be gone if things go as wrong as they can go.

With that absolute tool Kinnear lurking in the background it just has to go wrong?

Perhaps Di Canio will go as well, he is obviously not cut out to be a leader and a manager, too much passion covering for his lack of knowledge.

Ian holloway I think, he's struggled to sign any decent players and I think they'll struggle badly, can see him getting the boot pre-Christmas

My choice too.

Which is why he shouldn't be sacked, they over achieved last yr and should just be happy to be up, gain from the experience and have a strong team back in championship. Pointless sacking a manager for not achieving in prem.

See: Reading.

Rodgers....big mouth, will be found out for what he is, Championship Manager.

Yeah he did really bad with Swansea after they got promoted. He also has one of the toughest jobs in football so yes he could be sacked but not cause he's an awful manager. (I'm not a fan of him particularly, he's probably egotistical and rigid, but his record isn't bad)

Edit: I realize that first line didn't come off as sarcastic as I meant it

Edited by Rovers13

Martin Jol. be finally found out for how average a manager he is. His team at Fulham is like a Dads Army with no signs of progress in last few seasons and id imagine they are on a huge wage bill

Rodgers....big mouth, will be found out for what he is, Championship Manager.

Yeah he did really bad with Swansea after they got promoted. He also has one of the toughest jobs in football so yes he could be sacked but not cause he's an awful manager. (I'm not a fan of him particularly, he's probably egotistical and rigid, but his record isn't bad)

Edit: I realize that first line didn't come off as sarcastic as I meant it

What is tough about inheriting better players than those at Swansea, having a bigger budget than Swansea? Frankly, it is a dream job. He should have done better than Dalglish, but he didn't. If he can't do it better this year, he is out.

Er... only Rodgers did do a better job than Dalglish.

Dalglish - 8th with 52 points

Rodgers - 7th with 61 points

Liverpool aren't interested in winning the League Cup they want CL football which is why Dalglish lost his job.

So Rodgers did better than Dalgish by one place and 9 points without having the sort of money that Dalglish splashed on the likes of Carroll. 

Â