Anzhi selling off stars

vandaq

€350,000 a week for Samuel Eto'o proving to be a bit much then?   Hardly surprising.    They are a weird club too, the players live and train in Moscow then fly to Makhachkala for home games.  For a point of reference, Makhachkala is on the banks of the Caspian sea and virtually a part of central Asia.  It's almost as far from Moscow as Birmingham is. 

read this earlier. also just sacked their manager Meulenstein after 2 games. Doesnt make sense though they have spent about 50 million this summer.

rumours are the chairman is losing money, sick of the infighting or is in bad health

Wow really? That is quite weird, why is that? Some tax evasion or something along those lines? 

Makhachkala is in a part of the Russian Federation called the Republic of Dagestan - it's one of Russia's grimmer areas, next door to Chechnya, It's not a particularly well developed part of a not particularly well developed (on the whole) country, and is also subject to long running low level guerrilla violence spilling over from the Chechen conflict.

As daft as it is, in that scenario, transporting players to and from Moscow probably isn't that surprising - the players are not going to live in Dagestan, thats for sure.

Edited by Chindie

There backer lost £500million in the stock market the other day, desptite spending hundreds of millions, they are still a pretty poor football team.

So he only has 7bn left then. losing £500m is **** all to him!

To be fair, £500m is a fair whack of £7.5bn. If you had £750 in your bank, you'd be pretty disappointed to lose £50, although it doesn't bankrupt you, it's still enough to make you reconsider how much you spend on stuff. It's the same thing, except you know, multiplied by 10 million, and it's happened to one of those lovely Russian Billionaires.

To be fair, £500m is a fair whack of £7.5bn. If you had £750 in your bank, you'd be pretty disappointed to lose £50, although it doesn't bankrupt you, it's still enough to make you reconsider how much you spend on stuff. It's the same thing, except you know, multiplied by 10 million, and it's happened to one of those lovely Russian Billionaires.

Well i have no sympathy for him and im sure he can just about cope

Well i have no sympathy for him and im sure he can just about cope

I agree, it's the risk you take when you make money via investments and buy football clubs, and he no doubt probably will cope with losing that money. Just pointing out it's not **** all to him no matter how much he has, and I can see why it would make cut back on the money he gives to Anzhi, as similarly to the example I gave, the first thing you stop spending money on when times get tough* is pointless and frivolous luxuries.

*I use this term extremely loosely.

Since bankrolling the team in 2010 there league positions are 10th, 5th and 3rd, spending hundreds of millions in transfers and wages with zero success, this season they have 2 points from 4 games and lost against fc rostov at home last week.

they couldn't buy success.

• Like 1

Except one person is left with seven billion pounds, whereas the other has £700.

But yeah, fifty million is a lot of money, although I did read earlier that it was more to do with his company's share price, which has since recovered to some extent.

Sorry but no. Just no. That's a horrendous analogy.

Instead of multiplying your £750 analogy by 10 million just quadruple it. Say if I pick up £3k next month. Losing £200 isn't ideal but it wouldn't really affect my lifestyle too much. I wouldn't have to adjust like the £750 guy.

Now times my amount by a few million. It gets even easier to handle.

£500m is pennies to these people, he could well make that back in a day, like me with my £200.

• Like 1

Â